Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro ANC improvements

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 05:52 PM)
Frankieseaman
Pioneer
Options
I have received my galaxy buds pro and I am enjoying them, but even I can tell that the ANC could do with some improvements compared to when I tried out competing products.  From my experience, the buds seem to struggle to filter out higher pitches, but I'm no expert. Is there any plans to improve this in the future with software updates?
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Frankieseaman: Have you tried opening the Galaxy Wearables app > Active Noise Cancelling > Active Noise Cancelling Level, and setting this to High to see if this helps? 

0 Likes
Frankieseaman
Pioneer
Options
yes it is on high. I know that this isn't just me, plenty of reviewers and normal consumers have pointed out that its just OK. Its fine, and its not like it ruins the experience or anything, but it would be nice if it was improved over time to make it on-par with other brands, especially at its high cost.
0 Likes
Tom263
First Poster
Options
They make great play out of the ANCs ability to filter out low frequencies such as engine rumble, but say very little about higher frequencies.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I have the airpods pro as well as the buds pro and I can say the anc is only marginally worse than the airpods, everything else about the galaxy buds is better, when I first tried the galaxy buds the anc was awful but changed the tips and they much better, I find they do lower pitches better and stuff that's not right next you. if you want amazing anc you would be better off with over the ear headphones.
0 Likes
Dangersepp
First Poster
Options

On mine exactly the same. I was expecting much more and being quite disappointed! In a loud environment, it is not possible to stay focused. Screaming kids and high frequencies are not filtered - in fact, they go through easily. I can not really recommend the buds. And for me buds being better then Apple is not an argument. They simply should do their job

0 Likes