Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro ANC & "white noise"

(Topic created on: 29-01-2021 12:45 PM)
shamaneatingramen
Apprentice
Options

Received the Galaxy Buds Pro direct from Samsung yesterday.

ANC won't activate when moving the slider to ANC on the Wearables app, no difference in noise cancelling from when the slider is at 'off'.

When in ANC or ambient mode there is a constant white noise in the left ear. Also, when in ANC mode, whenever background noise increases in volume the white noise also increases in volume.

31 REPLIES 31
grammatik
Apprentice
Options

This my friend has solved my issues, I downgraded my firmware to September 2021 and the Buds Pro are now perfect. Respekt.

0 Likes
Truckasaurus
First Poster
Options

First pair didn't do anything wrong but I mistakenly replaced them thinking that the super low 1-3% volume hiss was an error. Turns out they just do that. 

Second pair right ear had the "wooshing" white noise in the right ear.

Replaced again.

New pair has it in the left.

How are these things such absolute garbage. They fit like junk. The case stinks. The touch controls are trash. The ANC makes them nearly unusable. I've tried swapping eartips around, different kinds of eartips, firmware changes, factory resets, Samsung just made a junk product. Which is annoying, because audio wise they actually sound very good (not audiophile but punchy and pleasant.) 

I just want someone to make a real alternative to the airpod pro's that doesn't require an iphone for firmware updates.

0 Likes