Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro ANC & "white noise"

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 11:27 AM)
shamaneatingramen
Apprentice
Options

Received the Galaxy Buds Pro direct from Samsung yesterday.

ANC won't activate when moving the slider to ANC on the Wearables app, no difference in noise cancelling from when the slider is at 'off'.

When in ANC or ambient mode there is a constant white noise in the left ear. Also, when in ANC mode, whenever background noise increases in volume the white noise also increases in volume.

31 REPLIES 31
Skott-X
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same issue with mine. ANC does nothing apart from introduce extra noise. If anything, instead of cancelling out external noise, it amplifies sound in the same way the lowest setting of the Ambient Sound setting does!?!?  Simply doesn't work. 

S21 Ultra, Galaxy Buds Pro, Galaxy Buds+, Galaxy Tab A7, oh...and a Samsung Washing Machine!
0 Likes
jalapenofrank
First Poster
Options

I thought I was tripping, but no, I have the same exact issue. I was thinking there has to be some constant buzz or noise in order for that white noise to change. Cause the one time I didn't hear that white noise was when my Buds Pro actually canceled out an annoying buzz from my job's AC.

tarunmj5
First Poster
Options

Got my Galaxy buds pro, I've noticed with ANC or Ambient sound on, there's hissing sound and not effective on the right budm is anyone facing such issue?

Is it a defective piece?

0 Likes
oneXpiece
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact problem... my right earbud make some kind of wind noise when anc and amb is on. Left work normal even anc or amb is on. This happened to my buds after updating....

shamaneatingramen
Apprentice
Options
I was hoping the latest update might have fixed it but it still has the same issue.
0 Likes
oldsalt
First Poster
Options

Same thing. Right earbud starts making white noise all of a sudden  with ANC or Ambient on.  But not all the time.   I had been using the buds for over an hour that last time I noticed it (just past hour) and after 10 minutes recharging back in the case the problem went away. Will see if it comes back when bud charge drops back down to 60% or so....

Update - just updated the earbuds to the latest update R190XXU0AUB3 but that did not relieve the recently manifested white noise issue in the right earbud. 

0 Likes
Cianid
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I got the same problem: white noise in the right earbud when using ANC. The issue appeared as soon as I got R190XXU0AUB3 firmware update.

0 Likes
Morphydefence
First Poster
Options

Same here. Lots of white noise whith ANC turned on. Did they forget  to test it in a quiet  enviroment?

0 Likes
Cianid
Journeyman
Options

Yep, it seems they don't care about the quality at all.

0 Likes