Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds Pro - Allergic reaction?

(Topic created on: 24-04-2022 04:32 PM)
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I've got my Buds Pro about 3 weeks ago, as part of the promo, and love them but I've noticed for the maybe last ten days both my ear canals feel scabby and in the morning it feels like there's some liqiuidy discharge. There is also some redness inside of both of my ears. Don't wear them more than an hour a day. Could it be that the buds are creating some kind allergic reaction? 

Go to solution
49 REPLIES 49
Kirpreet16
First Poster
Options
So I have typed '@Sam_UK' in the message body but it is still not recognising it in the 'send to' part
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Kirpreet16 

Try it without the '@'

You should see 'Sam_UK' with the word 'Moderator' under it.

0 Likes
AbeShah
Student
Options

A quick update on my case. I got a new Aiiviol silicon tip from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com.be/dp/B09DCQK2Z6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share) but it doesn't solve the problem. Still discharge from my both ears followed by a lot of dried skind peeled off.

Then I contacted Samsung Belgium and they asked me for doctor statement saying that the irritation is because of the use of galaxy bud pro. I am not sure, does any doctor accept to write such a statement?

0 Likes
Kirpreet16
First Poster
Options
Still no matches! 😞
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Kirpreet16. When sending a PM, you won't need to include the @ symbol when choosing the recipient (i.e. next to the Send Top.

The guide below should help:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/updates-rules-faq-s/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-communi...

Please let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
Kirpreet16
First Poster
Options
Please help me there are no matches to Sam_UK is there an alternative??
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kirpreet16: I'm sorry that you have had some trouble reaching out to our Sam_UK support channel. I have gone ahead and sent you a private message from the relevant account, therefore please reply to the message at your earliest convenience, so we can get your query escalated to the relevant department. 

0 Likes
Members_klAiDz3
First Poster
Options

Nope, it is 100% definitely the ear buds.  I have the exact same issue, comes on within an hour of using them and lasts for several days (itchy, scabby, oozing ears).  Other ear buds are no problem.  My old galaxy bud pro (about 3 years old) are fine, as are a pair of cheap buds I got as an interim. 

There are loads of people having exactly the same issue, STILL. 

0 Likes
Baridol1
First Poster
Options
Was about to purchase a pair of these, until I read all these complaints both on here and Reddit. Lost a potential customer here Samsung.
0 Likes
InfiniteHive
Explorer
Options

Follow up: I tried "can" style headphones, still had some discomfort, now using "Bone" headphones from SHOKZ.  These sit outside your ear and conduct sound through your head.  Not as great quality, no sound insulation at all, but no infection either.

0 Likes