Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds Pro - Allergic reaction?

(Topic created on: 24-04-2022 04:32 PM)
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I've got my Buds Pro about 3 weeks ago, as part of the promo, and love them but I've noticed for the maybe last ten days both my ear canals feel scabby and in the morning it feels like there's some liqiuidy discharge. There is also some redness inside of both of my ears. Don't wear them more than an hour a day. Could it be that the buds are creating some kind allergic reaction? 

Go to solution
49 REPLIES 49
RaymondB
First Poster
Options

Yes I had the same issue I am going to call Samsung regarding this I knew something was up just didn't know until I found a Google post about this...

0 Likes
Sheffsams
First Poster
Options
I've had the exact same problem. Seems to be liquid discharge from my ears, and very itchy and scabby, never had this problem before I used galaxy earbuds2
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi, @Sheffsams. We're really sorry to hear this. Our Support Teams would definitely like to look into this further for you. 

If you are based in the UK or Ireland, then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and I or one of the other moderators will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

If you are based outside of the UK or Ireland, then please contact the Samsung Support Team in your region:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/function/ipredirection/ipredirectionLocalList/

0 Likes
rchrds
First Poster
Options

Bought the Buds Pro over a year ago and they're completely unusable because of the horrible ear irritation they cause. I just assumed it was a coincidence but it's happened 3 times now. It's nothing to do with cleanliness as it first happened when they were brand new and I've cleaned them thorough since. Takes weeks for my ears to recover and it's very unpleasant. 

willjoe
Explorer
Options

This is likely due to the fact that the Galaxy Buds Pro's charging contacts have Nickel, which is known to cause skin irritation for some people. Samsung has also used a new material, called acrylate, on the newer Galaxy Buds models, which might be one of the Reasons

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

This is likely due to the fact that the Galaxy Buds Pro's charging contacts have Nickel, which is known to cause skin irritation for some people. Samsung has also used a new material, called acrylate, on the newer Galaxy Buds models, which might be one of the Reasons.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
InfiniteHive
Explorer
Options

I tried replacing the silicon tips with memory foam ones I got from Amazon on my new Buds Pro2, I got the same reaction this week, perhaps worse.

I'm going back to the "Nickel on the contacts" allergy hypothesis.

0 Likes
InfiniteHive
Explorer
Options

Received my Buds Pro2 last week, put memory foam ear tips on them, wore them Monday, boom, massive reaction in my ears.

I've been in touch with Samsung support, they are offering to take them back to check them, but I'm convinced it will be whatever material they use in the manufacturing process is the root cause. 

I have literally ZERO known allergies, it's never been a problem for me, but changing earphones and headphones constantly in the last year points to figure out which ones cause the pain, ear to flake skin and weep and it is always the Samsung in-ear earphones/buds.  Process of elimination.

I am on my 2nd Galaxy watch too, no reaction on my wrist, however I have read people having that issue too.

0 Likes
nelzmatch
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem using Galaxy Buds Pro. I've been having this problem for almost a year since i use it. Just found out recently that it happened to many users. Any advice about on how to get refund or replacement because i will not be using it anymore after knowing all this.
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @nelzmatch ,

Samsung take these matters seriously. If you're based in the UK or Ireland then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to look into this further for you.  

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

0 Likes