Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds Pro - Allergic reaction?

(Topic created on: 24-04-2022 10:54 PM)
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I've got my Buds Pro about 3 weeks ago, as part of the promo, and love them but I've noticed for the maybe last ten days both my ear canals feel scabby and in the morning it feels like there's some liqiuidy discharge. There is also some redness inside of both of my ears. Don't wear them more than an hour a day. Could it be that the buds are creating some kind allergic reaction? 

49 REPLIES 49
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Tourbillon De La Vie: I'm really sorry to hear that you have encountered these symptoms while wearing the Galaxy Buds Pro. If you are based in the UK or Ireland, then please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be able to get this escalated for you. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

Kounavi
First Poster
Options

I don't think it is your buds mate. You probably have an infection so it's best to consult an otorhinolaryngologist so they may give you a medication (if required).

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's possible you are getting a reaction.
But I would advise like with any earbuds is to keep them clean.
Make sure you are using the correct sized tips to suit your ear type for each ear as they can be different sizes.
I know it's sounds obvious, but the hygiene thing is the most important.
Could be anything on your hands and you touch the tips.
I found out by experience
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Luckily it is not infection. I've checked with GP. Mild irritation 

Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I'll check with smaller tips first. Good suggestion 

0 Likes
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
As I have posted previously, I had the same problem. I cured it by replacing the tips with memory foam ones
Amazon have a good selection k but you must ensure that they are specifically designed for the Galaxy bugs pro . Hope this helps ll
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I had a look. Which one did you picked from amazon? 

0 Likes
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
I'm afraid I can't remember as it was a while ago and I no longer have my old Amazon purchase history to see. I believe that they are all very similar, but I do stress that they must specify for Galaxy Buds Pro, as they are specifically designed for them.
0 Likes
Members_TTRJNzr
First Poster
Options

I got the Aiivioll tips from amazon and that fixed it, never had any problems like this in my life and i used in ear earphones with tips my whole life.

A lot of people are reporting issues with allergic reactions to the tips, just google "buds pro irritation".