Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Pro Allergic Reaction

(Topic created on: 24-10-2021 08:22 PM)
Scrcro
Apprentice
Options
Since starting to use these buds after previous discomfort (which i thought was fitment issues) I changed to another size tip, however my ears are still being irritated and painful after short use, upon a very quick Google search it turned out to be a very common issue with very little answers available, what can Samsung do to fix this and do any members of the community have any suggestions?

It's disappointing as I would love to use them, however no matter which size of the included tips I use I get irritated ear canals, scabbing, swelling and leakage which as a musician is highly troublesome. 
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out its an allergic reaction.

There are so many cases of this that I'm disappointed there isn't a public statement or even a FAQ/solution. It feels as if its being kept hush hush, but by the work of consumers putting the word out there it's a known issue and it needs to be addressed.

I'm worried about using them and potentially causing lasting damage to myself, which is alarming for a premium brand such as Samsung.

I'm hoping we all get some answers soon.
Cheers for listening.
10 REPLIES 10
Darthphillius
Explorer
Options
It might be worth trying non-samsung tips? I read a review on the Pros before receiving my set that said they used beats tips as they didn't find the included ones worked well enough for noise-cancelling. I'd speak to your GP first. Let them figure out which materials your allergic to before spending money experimenting with other tips.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Scrcro: I'm really sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue while wearing the Galaxy Buds Pro, and would like to arrange to get this escalated for you. Please send your details in a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be on hand to assist you further.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
Scrcro
Apprentice
Options
Okay thank you I sent a message
0 Likes
Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
As previously posted, I had the same problem with my buds pro. I went to Amazon and bought memory foam tips which cured the problem. If you do this, make sure that they are designed specifically for buds pro as others will not fit.
fluffycabbage
Apprentice
Options
Also had the same problem. I now have an infection in my ears caused by them. Gutted.
0 Likes
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
I bought them too, not for an allergic reaction but for better acoustics and they seem to fit better as well
AndrewL
Options

@fluffycabbage: Please send your details in a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will be on hand to assist you further.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

0 Likes
Scrcro
Apprentice
Options
To update you all I had a phone call where they asked me questions, including when the issue started, how often I use them, how often I cleaned them, if I'd used them after getting out of the shower etc and explained that they take all of these issues on a 'case-by-case' basis. I had DPD collect the ear buds on the 21st but have heard nothing since. As far as I can tell they've been sent to a repair centre.
0 Likes
NP72
First Poster
Options

I have had this issue with my ears leaking since June. It became concerned that issue resurfaced each time I wore the buds despite the face I am using medical grade wipes. I have written to the moderator so hopefully the will resolve this issue as you would expect from a premium brand.

0 Likes