Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Plus require a pin to pair with Windows 10 PC

(Topic created on: 12-05-2022 12:59 PM)
Fotti
First Poster
Options

I have a desktop PC with USB Bluetooth adapter in my office. Buds worked fine last month.

Now that I am back at the office, buds won't pair with the PC. I tried the Buds Manager app, but it just gives this:

gbd.png

When I try to pair the buds through Windows 10 bluetooth menu I get this:

bt.png

I've tried reinstalling all bluetooth devices and the buds app. Going into pairing mode on the buds by holding them both. Running troubleshooters, rebooting, updating drivers. I also disabled the bluetooth of all other nearby devices.

UPDATE:

After updating windows 10 to 2004 version and reinstalling all related devices and apps I was able to pair the buds, but the buds app still cannot connect and the buds are not usable as audio devices:

audio_devices.png

Event logs for the device shows this warning:

event_warning.png

I found some articles on the web about reinstalling BT devices and drivers, but the problem persisted and the buds are still unusable as audio device.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Fotti
First Poster
Options
2 new Windows updates later and everything is back to normal.
0 Likes
PromoMasters
Journeyman
Options

SOLUTION: turn off all devices which could use your Galaxy Buds LIVE. Then try to pair. It works. You do NOT Need a PIN. 

Michael Kohlfürst - If there are more questions https://www.promomasters.at/ 

PromoMasters
Journeyman
Options

IMPORTANT: what I mean is, that you turn OFF all OTHER devices which might be connected with your Buds right now. This might be the problem that blocks pairing the PC and Galaxy Buds Live. I have turned off my Samsung S9+ and then I could connect my Microsoft Surface WIN 10 with 1 click. 

Dor
First Poster
Options

plaese i just need the fu***ing PIN CODE
its just a number and should NOT be a stupid secret!!!

why is it so hard to write it down whithout all the bul***** of useless words.

please HELP - i hate samsung for this stupid pin *****

ConcealedLight
First Poster
Options

The code is 1234. For future  reference, bluethooth devices that require a code are usally 0000 or 1234 just from experience. I was just littleraly was searcning the net for it when i came across this and tryied guess and 1234 worked for me.........Galaxy buds +

zedology
First Poster
Options

I created an account to comment here that this solution immediately worked for me. Thank you.

0 Likes