Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy buds plus beeping

(Topic created on: 23-06-2020 03:06 PM)
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

Just had a weird thing happen , had left bud in and it started beeping whilst music plays , put right in aswell still did it , put both in case and took both out , all was OK then right started doing it , put them back , took them out now left is doing it again , what the hell is it ? 

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

Just disconnected them in galaxy app and it carried on beeping ? 

Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Easty ,

have you been wearing this in places like saunas or similar? Would you be able to Reset them and see if this is still happening?

You can  perform this by following these steps:

1. On your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app.
  2. Scroll down and tap About earbuds.
  3. Tap Reset earbuds.
  4. Tap Reset to confirm.
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

Hi , thanks for replying , been wearing them in the garden but I think they may be too hot , its 28c ! Have put them indoors for now to cool down but will try your suggestion later and let you know .

Many Thanks ! 

Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That might be the reason why they were beeping, please monitor them and let us know if this is still happening.

0 Likes
Solution
Easty
Big Cheese
Options

I think its a good bet ! Found this on community page ......

I have had my buds for over a year now and used to use them on the train to and from work with no problems.
Since the covid-19 lockdown I have been going on walks daily and started to experience this issue.
Sometimes one of the buds would emit the sound they generate when you first put them in your ear at random intervals.

At first I couldn't work out what was wrong, thinking it was the phone (Samsung S10 +) generating the sound.
After spending many hours searching for the issue on-line I have worked out what is happening.
It is, imho, a design flaw. The sound is the earbud warning you that it is overheating. This link pointed me in the right direction - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/samsung-galaxy-buds-true-wireless-earbud-headphones-black/634...
The problem is that you can't use them in direct sunlight. If I use them on a cloudy day or out of direct sunlight, they work fine with no issues. However, if I use them on a bright sunny day and the sun is shining on one of the buds, it will start beeping every 5 to 10 seconds until you point it away from the sun, which effectively renders them useless.
I have experimented with this by pointing each bud at the sun while in my ear and only the bud in direct sunlight starts to beep. If I block the sun out they do not beep. Other Bluetooth headsets do not beep when subjected to the same conditions.
I suspect Samsung will deny any knowledge of this issue as they usually do, but I am convinced that this is the root cause of the issue many people are reporting.
Let me know if this is what you are experiencing.

Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
Pukunui
First Poster
Options

Good spot.   Easily replicated by exposing single bud to direct sunlight and then cooling the beeping unit.  

0 Likes
pznpzn
First Poster
Options

this is not about overheating - at least for me, bright light causes proximity sensor failures - the bud starts playing "inserted" sound randomly, causes quicker battery draining (and maybe the overheating). Of course, the easiest way to reproduce this is to walk under sunlight. Afaik, this proximity issue affects previous Samsung wireless generations, too. The Samsung service in my country is *****ty - they took my buds to diagnose, but then returned saying that was a firmware issue (wut?!). They couldn't answer how they tried to reproduce the proximity issue (the engineers didn't try I'm pretty sure - did stupid standard tests), so when I went outdoors, it was f-ing fully reproducible. It is also easy to see what's happening with the sensors via the service menu in the phone app - the sensors go mad.

0 Likes
TeaB
First Poster
Options

Tess,

My Samsung Buds+ also beep every few seconds. It is very annoying. I believe it is the sun causing the beeping because it doesn't happen when I tested them inside. 

The problem is I live in Arizona where it is sunny.  The Buds+ are rendered almost useless if I can't wear them outside. This is also happening to my mother's Buds+. She also lives in Arizona. 

Isn't there anything Samsung can do to fix this problem? We just got them in May with our Stimulus money. Please help!!

0 Likes
Becc1
First Poster
Options

Mine started beeping when I was in the sauna and the beeping got faster the hotter it got. They stopped beeping once I was cooled down and out of the sauna. Might have just been overheating.