Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy buds: Mic not working

(Topic created on: 11-08-2019 11:22 AM)
mrflippyslippy
Apprentice
Options

My phone always uses its own mic instead of the mics on the galaxy buds on every application but normal phone calls. In Bluetooth settings the only two options are audio and calls which are enabled. I have disconnected and re connected the earbuds via the app, reset them via the app, turned Bluetooth off and on again and the firmware is up to date. I can't use Bixby or Google assistant without having the phone near me, they only work if I set the touchpad hold function to voice assistant, then the mic will work. Samsung customer services' troubleshooting didn't do anything either. I've also tried on other Samsung devices and still nothing. Hope someone can help

10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options
@mrflippyslippy: It should be possible to set the Tap and Hold function to switch the Galaxy Buds mic on and off via the Wearables App while on a call. Wearbles App > Touchpad > Tap Left or Right under 'Touch and hold touchpad' > Make your selection. When performing this action you won't see a notification on your phone, so I advise trying these steps next time you're on a call to see if the problem persists. Check out page 26 of the user manual for more information.

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201904/20190415154155548/SM-R170_UM_EU_Eng_Rev.1.1_1904...

0 Likes
mrflippyslippy
Apprentice
Options
I don't have that option, I have voice assistant, volume up and down, quick ambient sound and ambient sound
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@mrflippyslippy: Can you try pressing and holding one of the Buds while on a call to activate/deactivate the mic, as it may be a preset feature that doesn't require activation.
0 Likes
mrflippyslippy
Apprentice
Options
What about on every other app?
0 Likes
NotRichard
First Poster
Options

Possible Solution:

First let me just say that even though i my mic wasn't working, only 1 mic out of the 2 earbuds work now and I'm like 99% sure both are suppose to work.  With that being said, this is what i did to make 1 earbud work. 

So i personally prefer to only have my left earbud on when I'm in meetings and basically anything besides running.  When running,  i keep both on. My left earbud mic wasn't working and i didn't think to test the right one but whatever.  

What I Did: Basically i uninstalled both the wearable and buds plus apps and i also unpaired the buds from my phone.  Actually i unpaired everything but i suspect that part didn't play a part in fixing 1 earbud. After doing this i took the earbuds out the case and put both on. When you pair them as if it's the first time pairing them,  the wearable and buds plus apps will pop up and begin installing on their own.  Basically from here you just do what you do normally,  check for updates,  etc. After that,  without having changed any settings,  i made a call and suddenly the other person could hear me. Not saying this will help everyone but it literally fixed a 2 day long problem for me and so i figured I'd share it here since i originally looked here to find a solution.  Good luck! 

P.S. I lied,  there was a point where i tried calling with both buds and it didn't work and that's how i now know that i actually fixed 1 earbud. I'm still taking them back... 

0 Likes
gerwini
First Poster
Options

same problem here

dika_bw
First Poster
Options

Hi, have you found the solution? Got same problem here. 

Thanks

KarenBN1
Student
Options

I understand what you are saying.  I am trying to set up my mom's hearing *****.  If bluetooth is connected to the earphones, the mic doesn't work during phone calls.  I bought this phone (52 5G) for her because I was assured it would work with hearing ***** during calls.  Samsung didn't help.  The hearing aid technician had no clue.  I am so upset that I bought this phone as I read that the LG phones work well.  (Not sure why I am getting stars every time I use the word A.I.D.S.)

G3SNA
Student
Options
Open pro video, select Omni Mic. Use Buds mike with all apps. :winking-face: