Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy buds mic issues

(Topic created on: 07-05-2019 01:16 PM)
Sam993
Apprentice
Options

I've had my buds for about a month . The sound is perfect when I play music, loving the touch pads. But when I call contacts while wearing them they struggle to hear me. I have to shout for them to be able to hear.  They say I sound far away and quite .  Is anyone else having this problem or know of a fix or have I got faulty buds. 

Thanks . Sam 

14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Sadly I've seen quite a few threads here and elsewhere that broaches the quality of sound when on a call.

On mine I was told I sounded croaky and or far away.

Quite a few buds that are available have similar issues too. Especially when outdoors or in a noisy environment @Sam993 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Gian1926
First Poster
Options

Hi Sam,

I have exactly the same problems. They are not fit for calls but considering their price it is very disappointing.

@ Samsung team what are your plans to fix it?

Sam993
Apprentice
Options

I spoke to Samsung tech support online. They couldn't find an issue from there end they said. They asked me to go to my nearest Samsung store to get them checked out. I find a lot of people are having this problem with the mic, so I think it's just the mic is sh*t. I'm glad I didn't pay for them with the mic being so unusable. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Sam993 

What do you feel about the sound platform i.e. bass etc ?

0 Likes
Sam993
Apprentice
Options

I'm happy with the sound. I found if you change the sound setting in "adapt sound" and create a profile, the sound is a lot better. I'll definitely be using them regularly but it's just a shame about the mic. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

How do you create a profile @Sam993  ?

I've got a pair om the way so that'll be handy to know.

0 Likes
Sam993
Apprentice
Options

"sound and vibration" > "advance sound settings" > "sound quality and effects" > "adapt sound".  After I did this I noticed a big difference. 

aBitOfBinary
Apprentice
Options

I'm on my second set of Buds and they both have this problem during calls. It's an awful shrill chirping sound. Tried on various devices. Its definitely a SW/HW issue with the buds. Samsung need to get this sorted. Have a read of the posts on the US community forum -> https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Gear-and-Gear-Fit/Galaxy-Buds-call-quality-issues/td-p/498683

Ahmed_Omar_Youn
First Poster
Options

same problem here too, the most unsatisfying purchase in my whole life