Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds Live connection issues

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 11:38 AM)
The_sandman
Explorer
Options
Bought my buds live a couple of days ago and they're great except I'm having lots of trouble with their connection with my phone.

Indoors 90% of the time they work fine, even at a decent distance away. But the moment I step outside with them I instantly get audio stuttering and then the left bud will disconnect and cycle through the connect and disconnection sound. This happens even if im holding the phone right up at head height.

Just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues and if its a software problem more than hardware?

Note9 128GB Midnight Black

Galaxy Watch 46mm

Tab s5e Wi-Fi

20 REPLIES 20
Jonnym2000
Student
Options
As an update to my post, I seem to have solved it. I changed the grommets to the larger size and everything is now fine. Also fitting them more upright may also have helped. you need to mess about with the fit to make sure your skin connects to the sensor, otherwise they think you have taken them out and shut down. There should be an option to disable the sensor to prevent dropouts as its clearly very sensitive. I disabled the touch sensors so I could adjust them as needed but seem to have found the right fit now. I want to get hold of some sleeves as would improve the fit further but are crazy expensive on Samsung website. It really shouldn't be this difficult...
0 Likes
ChuckT47
First Poster
Options

I was ready to send mine back after Christmas. I spent a long time researching the problem and tried all kinds of iterations to see if the problem was fixable. I even tried putting my phone in my hood which mostly fixed the problem but isn't really an acceptable fix. I was using a Galaxy S7 and figured perhaps it had a problem, so when I upgraded to an S10e, the problem seems solved. Different Bluetooth versions but that's about it. Even had occasional problems with the S7 when turning my head a certain way and cutting out the signal. Very strange!

0 Likes
Patrik Klinger
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with the left bud loosing connection all the time. Especially when in phone calls. I guess when the bluetooth phone call profile is being used.

While listening to music the connection seem to be better but still connection is lost from time to time.

I have seen to that they buds are on the latest software available, my Galaxy 21 is also on latet software, wearables app is updated.

I have tried to unpair and pair again.

I have even tried deativating NC as i have found that to improve connection quality on similar products. But without any noticeable effect.

Nothing seems to help. I hope I will find some solution or I will just put these buds in the drawer going back to my old set from Another manufacturer. That would be a shame.

0 Likes
RobertoL
Student
Options

This tip was perfect for me. Thank you! 

0 Likes
RobertoL
Student
Options

Up a couple of answers there's the one which worked for me: do not put the earbuds too inside, but upright 

0 Likes
Richard C
First Poster
Options

Exact same problem, the connection with my Samsung phone is choppy and garbled and is unlistenable when it acts up. When I can get to a spot where it establishes a 100% connection, the sound quality is fantastic, with nice, rich bass. I've had them for 3 days now and if I can't correct the problem one way or another, I'm returning them. I noticed that if I disconnect the ANC mode in my Wearable App, it alleviates the problem greatly, but not completely. It boggles my mind that they can't 'get it right with these buds for a basic function, given how nice they are in terms of sound and ergonomics. I have a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds+ and a $30 pair of SoundPeats buds and they do just fine, no issues whatsoever.

0 Likes
JSCinGR
First Poster
Options

My connection is horrible as soon as I leave my wi-fi coverage on a walk or bike ride. If I use my s21 or my watch 3 the connection is better if move the phone or watch near my head and the buds.  Has anyone else noticed wi-fi coverage solves the problems?  Has the same Issue with my previous phone. S9 if memory serves. 

Also note if the phone is on my handlebars on a holder with line of site to my head it works much better. 

0 Likes
Members_O20cLZZ
First Poster
Options

I have a brand new A53 5G Samsung and the Buds Live are fine indoors. When walking outdoors, the buds cut out intermittently and then the left bud cuts out completely. The only way to improve this is to hold my phone close to my chest or face. As soon as I place the mobile in my front or back pocket or in my bag then the issue occurs and the sound disconnects and reconnects with a stuttering effect and the left bud cuts out completely then the right is intermittent. So I walk to work and back for 45 minutes each way holding my phone in front of me!

I have a Samsung Neo Qled 65, a Samsung Dolby Atmos sound bar & sub, a Samsung fridge freezer, a Samsung washing machine and some other Samsung mobile devices. When trying to get support online, they are too busy and refer me to the community! I find out from this great community that many people have a similar or the exact same issue. How does this help and where is the support for all these loyal Samsung customers?

My partner has Jabra with no issues at all!

0 Likes
Johnny-c
First Poster
Options

Also have a 53G/5G, it's not the phone!

Same issues as everyone else.

I think Samsung blew it in this model and doesn't want to fess up.

We also have a ton of Samsung products and will think twice before purchasing anothet...

Come on Samsung, step to the plate!]

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

If they have a low battery, the buds may disconnect from the phone. In this case, you will need to charge the earbuds. You can check the battery level in the Galaxy Wearable app. Alternatively, you can insert the earbuds in the case to check the battery life.

Hope this helps

0 Likes