Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds+ - Left bud significantly quieter than right one

(Topic created on: 12-05-2021 10:20 PM)
Kronborg
Student
Options

I noticed today that my left earbud is a lot quieter than the right one. Read some people's solution was to take off the metal grid and clean it, but I see that as a last resort.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
porgie
First Poster
Options
I thought they were designed like that
To do with the brain and hearing
Senses.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Kronborg: Do you have the Buds+ connected to a Samsung mobile via the Galaxy Wearables app? If so, have you tried checking the Wearables app to make sure your audio output is balanced? If it is, restart your phone, then head to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > Tap the cog to the right of the Buds and forget the connection. Place the Buds in the charging case, close the lid for a few seconds and then open it to enter pairing mode. With the Buds re-paired, does the issue persist?

Although you think of it as a last resort, an you check to see if there is anything blocking the left earbud? To double check this, please remove the eartip from the left bud > Clean the sensor, mesh and eartip with a clean cloth > Clean the receiver with a cotton swab and dry brush to remove any foreign material > Reattach the eartip. Can you also open the Galaxy Wearables app, tap Find My Earbuds and select the magnifying glass symbol. Both buds will start beeping. Is the sound balanced in both earbuds? Please don't perform the above action while wearing the Buds, as the beeping can be quite loud.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Maybe you have wax build up in your left ear? Check with other headphones whether the same difference applies. If it does, go and get some olive oil ear drops and use them to soften the wax and clear it
0 Likes
Kronborg
Student
Options

How do I check if its balanced or not?

Sorry for the late reply, they seemed fixed until a few days ago...

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Are you referring to the sound? If so, you can check if it's balanced by heading into the Galaxy Wearables app > Find My Earbuds > Tap the magnifying glass. This will make both Buds beep. But, please do not try this whilst wearing the Buds as it may result in hearing damage.

Kronborg
Student
Options

Didn't mean to click Accept as Solution, but they seem to be balanced in audio.

For some reason both of them have problems now...

0 Likes
bonzadog
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue, have tried checking the balance and the one I have the issue is quieter when I use the search for buds suggestion, can't see a way of adjusting the balance in the wearable app