Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Buds crackle after 13mins of use

(Topic created on: 26-03-2019 04:03 PM)
Zergoras
Journeyman
Options

I got my Galaxy Buds on saturday and now i had the time to use them a whole day. I use them with my Note 9.

The problem is after about 13mins of use they start to crackle once in a minute or so. The first 13mins are no problems at all. If i restart my phone, it will work again for 13mins, if i turn off bluetooth and back on its fine for another 13mins. But right after this time they start to crackle again. No matter if i use one at a time or both together, always the same. I did a hard reset on my buds and phone, still no fix. I tried to change the audio codec to AAC, no fix. So im out of ideas whats wrong. The newest firmware is on my buds. I have no problem using my Note 9 with my car oder my Harman Kardon Go Play, no crackle, no dropouts ever, even after 10h straight. So its safe to assume my phone is not the problem, whats wrong with the Buds? I dont think they are broken, is seems like a software/firmware issue.

Anyone else got this phenomenon?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JoeH
Student
Options

I too have the Note 9. It's running Android 9 and my Galaxy Buds are up to date. I didn't experience any crackling with the right earbud, which is the one I tend to use while at work. I recently tried both on and noticed some crackling, which I found was coming only from the left earbud. I connected them to my iPad and the same song was clear, so I thought it had to do with the Galaxy Wearable app on the Note 9. I reset it and that didn't help. I then disabled the Dolby Atmos effect on the Advanced Sound Settings menu and that didn't help either. My next step was the Bluetooth settings. I clicked on Advanced under Bluetooth and disabled Dual Audio and Ringtone sync....problem solved! I enabled Ringtone sync again and it was still fine  I enabled Dual Audio and the crackling came back. I disabled it again and it went away again.

I have my Gear S3 and Galaxy Buds connected to my phone at the same time so not sure if that's why Dual Audio causes the problem, but either way I don't use dual audio for Bluetooth so I'm fine with it off. 

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
JoeH
Student
Options

I too have the Note 9. It's running Android 9 and my Galaxy Buds are up to date. I didn't experience any crackling with the right earbud, which is the one I tend to use while at work. I recently tried both on and noticed some crackling, which I found was coming only from the left earbud. I connected them to my iPad and the same song was clear, so I thought it had to do with the Galaxy Wearable app on the Note 9. I reset it and that didn't help. I then disabled the Dolby Atmos effect on the Advanced Sound Settings menu and that didn't help either. My next step was the Bluetooth settings. I clicked on Advanced under Bluetooth and disabled Dual Audio and Ringtone sync....problem solved! I enabled Ringtone sync again and it was still fine  I enabled Dual Audio and the crackling came back. I disabled it again and it went away again.

I have my Gear S3 and Galaxy Buds connected to my phone at the same time so not sure if that's why Dual Audio causes the problem, but either way I don't use dual audio for Bluetooth so I'm fine with it off. 

Ka7e
Journeyman
Options
You are the best. Thank you so much, I used my friends pair on his phone and they were perfect so I was really confused as to why mine wasn't the same. Dual audio was the issue. I disabled it, turned bluetooth off and on again and reconnected the buds and it was perfect. Samsung should include turning off dual audio in the setup process. Dual audio makes the earbuds sound really bad
Breizhim
First Poster
Options

Wohoooo ! Thank you ! Disable dual bluetooth resolved my problem !

@samsung: FIX IT !

0 Likes
FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options

So glad you got sorted!

0 Likes
N7SciFiNerd
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem found out if you disable ambient sound that fixed it for me 

0 Likes
Jack_Harding
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much! I was so worried that the galaxy buds plus were bad but after I did these steps they worked perfectly!! I use my galaxy s8 plus, galaxy watch 46mm and my galaxy buds plus and the buds worked perfectly on each one! Again, thank you so much.

0 Likes