Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds - Charging and pairing

(Topic created on: 24-03-2019 01:36 PM)
Madroxounds
Apprentice
Options

I've just purchased a set of buds and wondered if anyone can tell me if leaving them in the charge case will degrade the battery over time? The light is green meaning they are fully charged so I just want to make sure it's ok to leave them in there...

Also, when they are out of the case, is there any way to stop my phone (S8) using them for playback when i'm not wearing them? I don't want to have to unpair every time!

4 REPLIES 4
DoddleDude
Journeyman
Options
I too have exactly the same query as you. I left the buds out of the case over night with 70% charge and they must've stayed on all night an drained to 7%. The paired Note 9 had been powered off during this period.

What do you think of yours, I love mine😉
0 Likes
Madroxounds
Apprentice
Options

They are awesome! The ambient mode is very cool indeed...

I'm still no further forward with my charging/storing query. I've used Live Chat but the people I have spoken to so far don't have a definitive answer.

The case can be charged up to allow 2 full recharges of the buds, so, if the case is fully charged and I insert the buds on, for example, 50%, they will charge all the way back up but continue to receive power from the case.....will this not mess up the battery over time or do the buds have some sort of cutoff feature when fully charged so no more power gets through??? Soemone at Samsung must be able to answer this?

DoddleDude
Journeyman
Options
Yes, when It realised you couldn't store the buds in the case without it charging them I thought I leave them out, but they drained even though they are not being used.
I thought someone from the Samsung team would be able to find this out for us!
0 Likes
xrayhero
First Poster
Options

hello - i have the same complaint!   I got these one month ago and can't seem to stop them from draining when i take them out of my ears unless I put them back in the case.  Does anyone know if there is a way to have them go into standby or something while they're not in your ears??  It's a huge inconvenience to have to find the case every time you take them off.

What's worse, if I take them off and say put them on the kitchen counter, the audio from phone calls does correctly go through my phone (Note 9), but media playing on my phone continues to play on the buds!!  Is that supposed to happen?  The workaround is to change the audio output under SmartThings on the pulldown/notifications tab on my phone, which is also quite inconvenient and seemingly should be unneccessary because it does the right thing with phone calls.

Any advice??  I'll probably return them if this is truly their design.  Cmon Samsung!  You're better than this!

0 Likes