Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Buds AND Galaxy Buds+ Pause When Worn For Sleep

(Topic created on: 29-02-2020 12:30 PM)
SLovitt
Student
Options

When worn for sleep, I found that both my buds and buds+ will pause whatever is playing through them after only a few hours of my head being still if I wear them for sleep. I am not trying to wear them every night. My intentions are to wear them to drown out my travel companion's snoring when we share hotel rooms, but that just isn't possible when I'm woken 3 hours later to idle buds and heavy snoring. I've used wired buds for this for years and was excited to have true wireless buds for the ultimate comfort, and even MORE excited for the buds+ long battery life, but I'm disappointed that I can't even use them for that. Is there a fix for this? Or do I just have to buy a pair of cheap bluetooth bluetooth  headphones that get the job done while my $150 ones sit aside? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
SLovitt
Student
Options

Another level of frustration after testing it out: When the earbuds are not in my ears they will play all night. But when they are in my ears, they will only.play for about 45 minutes before pausing. This is with the touchpad disabled. The only thing I can think of is that somehow the auto pause feature thinks they're coming out of my ears even when they're snugly in place (with the biggest ear pad.) Why don't we have the ability to disable auto-pause yet???

ngbaohung
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. Somehow the system detects that both the buds are removed from my ears (in fact they are not). After I re-attach them, the touchpad on the right side is not responded to tap even though the music plays normally (Ambient sound option in Galaxy Wearable is greyed out indicating that 1 of the 2 is not attached to the ear). So frustrating!

Turbosi
First Poster
Options

I'm experiencing the same problem. I work a shift schedule and use one ear bud to play various things (music, TV episodes,....) to help me sleep and isolate the nose my daughter makes. I have a cheap $40 pair that's worked great, which has made these Buds such a disappointment. While wearing one bud, the music/videos will stop playing at various times (1-4 hours). I've spoken to Samsung and the only thing they've offered to do was update the software or replace them, however I would have to send these back and wait for the new pair to arrive. I've read multiple threads and tried adjusting multiple settings and have yet to find a solution. It's been really frustrating that a company like Samsung can't figure out. Sadly, I will be returning these. 

0 Likes