Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Apps battery usage on Galaxy Watch 42mm

(Topic created on: 20-09-2018 10:07 AM)
Beem
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

For the past few days I've been seeing relatively high battery usage (around 15% - 17%) by the Galaxy Apps app on my watch, even though I haven't actively used the app at all. I haven't installed or updated anything, haven't browsed the store, nothing. Even after charging and restarting the watch I'm seeing the same numbers.

I've asked around and haven't seen this behaviour on other people's watches.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Beem
Journeyman
Options

Okay, I think I've figured it out. The cause of what I was seeing (high usage by Galaxy Apps) was caused by the watch not properly resetting the usage data when charging while switched off.

I usually switch the watch off before going to bed, then put it on the charger. So the watch will reach 100% charge while switched off. As far as I can tell, this doesn't reset the app usage data properly. I fiddled around with Galaxy Apps a couple of days ago, but it was still at the top of my battery usage list. So today I tried charging the watch while it was still on, and what do you know, the usage data was properly reset (and Samsung Apps had disappeared from the list, as I would expect).

Anyone who can verify this?

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Solution
Beem
Journeyman
Options

Okay, I think I've figured it out. The cause of what I was seeing (high usage by Galaxy Apps) was caused by the watch not properly resetting the usage data when charging while switched off.

I usually switch the watch off before going to bed, then put it on the charger. So the watch will reach 100% charge while switched off. As far as I can tell, this doesn't reset the app usage data properly. I fiddled around with Galaxy Apps a couple of days ago, but it was still at the top of my battery usage list. So today I tried charging the watch while it was still on, and what do you know, the usage data was properly reset (and Samsung Apps had disappeared from the list, as I would expect).

Anyone who can verify this?

0 Likes