Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy active watch stops recording exercise midway through workout.

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 12:14 PM)
JL32
First Poster
Options

My galaxy active watch has suddenly stopped recording exercise midway through the workout.  I have not changed any settings on my phone or watch so I am at a loss.  The software is up to date.  Any help is appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
samehsameh
Explorer
Options

I'm having the same issue and looking around this forum a little so are many others.

It all started after the most recent update last week. It seems to be that when you go through the Samsung health app on the watch and start an activity it then gets interrupted a few minutes later when 'auto detect workout' kicks in. Why is auto detect kicking in when you've told it you're already working out I have no idea. It didn't use to before the latest update.

The problem with these forums is that it's just an echo chamber for users having issues. I've yet to see anyone from Samsung acknowledge this issue so I guess the only 'fix' is to disable autodetect workout for now until the devs can be bothered to pull their fingers out their rears and fix it. Not really a fitness tracking watch if it doesn't track fitness. 

Saxy
Navigator
Options
I am having similar issues since last update. Start walking (directly from watch) and it stops about a minute in. Swimming on 2 occasions now and it logged only 31 lengths despite doing 32. How can it miss a full length?! Its always been fine until this past week.
samehsameh
Explorer
Options

A few others users who have reported the same issue have said a factory reset has solved it for them.  We shouldn't have to do that after an update.  Still, I will give it a try and let you know if it solves it after I go for a run tomorrow.

samehsameh
Explorer
Options

So a factory reset and restore has worked for me on my run today.  We shouldn't have to do that after an update but at least it gets the recording workouts fixed (until the next time they inevitably mess it up)

AlDogg
First Poster
Options
Mine stops midworkout and just says it appears you've stopped working out and gives me finish or resume options, very annoying as I'll be in the middle of an intense set and it won't be tracking anything correctly.
0 Likes
PocketRocket4
Explorer
Options

Mines doing exactly the same. Have you managed to find the  problem to why it is doing this?

Cheers  

0 Likes
AlDogg
First Poster
Options
I haven't and it's VERY annoying
0 Likes
Stealth99
First Poster
Options
Please can someone help with this, no matter the workout it keeps coming up with, have you finished your workout...... please help it's driving me nuts ...auto pause is off some workouts this option isn't available.
0 Likes