Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active Watch battery draining

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 12:45 PM)
Trigga
Apprentice
Options
Can anyone advise or help as to why the battery has run down in less than 12 hours? It is the first time I have used this. I charged it up straight out the box so had a full charge. Not done a workout today or used music etc. I looked at it about 3 hrs ago and it said it has 2 days of battery. Next thing is, I have 5% and 2hrs left on battery. Have to say I am not impressed so far. Not even counting all my steps. Feeling a bit let down. Considered moving away from Fitbit but this has really made me think again. 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
is the always on screen activated?
Trigga
Apprentice
Options
No. Its on a 10 sec timeout. I have turned everything I can think of off. I charged it up and when it was on 20% it said I had 5hrs of battery life.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that's weird there must be a bug or issue with it, mine lasts 2 days with the screen always on, have you tried wiping it and starting again?
0 Likes
Trigga
Apprentice
Options
Yep. tried that and clearing data from phone as well
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
very bizarre have you tried contacting samsung? you can also go into wearable app and look at about watch and look at battery it may tell you what's using it
0 Likes
Vickig550
Apprentice
Options

If you get a solution, PLEASE share it.  I've got the Active watch2 , have all the apps turned off except calls and contacts.  I turned the "always on" off.  Display is set to 4 for brightness .... and at the MOST, with all these apps off,  my watch will just make 12 hrs, then the battery is completely drained. ..... without even making a call.  Very frustrating.  Note:  When talking with a customer service ... no matter what they say for a fix ... DO NOT DELETE your plan.  After being on the phone for over 4 hrs, the rep told me to start fresh with the watch, delete everything (including the plan) and start all over with pairing, etc.  What a nightmare!  My billing was totally goofed up, I was being charged for a 2nd watch when resuming my plan.

Trigga
Apprentice
Options
Do you have Strava on your watch? I think this was my biggest problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled the watch app and rebooted. I took off Strava and only use it through my phone now instead (it is still linked just the app is not on my phone itself). I tweaked a few other things and this massively helped. I now get around around 2-3days on my watch. Hope this helps. **I also took the weather app off my watch as someone else advised this could be draining power as well
0 Likes
Vickig550
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for your reply ... no I do not have Strava on my watch.  I uninstalled Spotify, and have everything else closed.  Wow, if you can get 2-3 on your Active Watch2, that is amazing.  I would love to be able to use the heart monitor, or even how many steps I've taken .... but those are ALL off to try and save battery.

0 Likes
Trigga
Apprentice
Options
Do you Samsung Health App on there? That was another one I took off.
0 Likes