Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active Watch 2 cannot read blood pressure - info from Samsung themselves.

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 01:09 PM)
RodPuckey
Apprentice
Options

I was chasing information on when I can expect the software upgrade to let me monitor my blood pressure.  This was the reason that I purchased the watch in the first place.  

I have just been told that this watch does not have sensors that will allow measurement of blood pressure.

What a con job by Samsung. Advertised that it can for years, just wait, only to be told that it doesn't work!

Pathetic!

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If possible, refund the watch! :smiling-face:
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Sorry to read you are
Having problems
With your watch

I did find this page
That maybe helpful

https://www.samsung.com/au/support/mobile-devices/measure-bp-on-samsung-watch/
0 Likes
RodPuckey
Apprentice
Options

Purchased hen the watch came out, so it's well out of warranty now.

I have submitted a Yellow Card Report to the MHRA though, so they will get to the bottom of it.

0 Likes
RodPuckey
Apprentice
Options

I was aware of this thanks.  The concern that I have is that I have been told that this watch does not have the sensors to give accurate blood pressures.

They have it registered as a medical device!

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Lol, how did you know I was a pharmacy student?! What adverse reactions did you experience from the watch 😋
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@RodPuckey: It is possible to measure your Blood Pressure using the Galaxy Watch Active 2 and Samsung Health Monitor app, however you are required to calibrate the watch using an upper-arm, cuff-based blood pressure monitor that is BIHS (British and Irish Hypertension Society) approved. For further information, please check out the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/apps/samsung-health-monitor/

0 Likes
RodPuckey
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew,

I am aware of the requirement for standardisation of the watch before use.  I am concerned that I have been told, by a Samsung employee, that the watch 2 cannot be used to monitor blood pressure.  Not a codicil on what is needed before use, the fact that sensors in the watch will not give blood pressures.

As a regulatory affairs officer in medical device research I have a legal and moral obligation to report this

to the MHRA.  This I have done.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@RodPuckey: I can confirm that, currently, the supported models for this feature are the Galaxy Watch 3 range and the Galaxy Watch Active 2 range. Please be aware that it does require you to be connected to a Galaxy Smartphone running Android 7 or above, with the Samsung Health Monitor app installed on the phone and watch, in order to access the ECG and Blood Pressure monitors. 

0 Likes
RodPuckey
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew, I know that it needs a Samsung phone, I went out and bought one, only to find out it was not expensive enough to run the app.  I bought a more expensive one, close to £550 spent at this time, only to find that without the software upgrade, distributed at the largesse of Samsung, the app doesn't appear in the Samsung Store menu.

Just looks like a manufactured way of hiding a problem to me.

0 Likes