Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active Stops measuring heart rate when working out

(Topic created on: 08-03-2023 12:31 PM)
henk2055
Student
Options

I have a new Galaxy watch active. When i start a workout session, after a couple of minutes, the heart rate sensor stops working. It has nothing to do with sweat or anything like that. The green LED isn't even on. There is a fix, and that is to make a manual stress metering when this happens, that will make the heart rate sensor start working again and it will then work during the rest of the excercise. This make me believe that there is a software error.

Any Thoughts?

14 REPLIES 14
Lscsprings
First Poster
Options

I've had to revert to wearing my Fitbit while exercising, so my Galaxy watchs only value to me is to be a decent looking clock.  

0 Likes
mike0o2
First Poster
Options

Nice to see this is an issue with their watches still.  I have a galaxy watch 4 and I have the same issue during workouts.  I didn't really notice at first because I had only been doing weights.  Then I started to try and do heart rate zone cardio and it is impossible with this watch.   I will work out extremely hard at first to try and get my heart rate up, but the watch just sticks at a certain heart rate...like 100 bpm which is impossible.  I disabled auto workout detection, made sure my watch was up to date, cleaned it, and restarted it many times.  Restart works for about two minutes during the workout and then the heart rate stops tracking again.

0 Likes
Lcyberlina
First Poster
Options

I've been struggling with this issue for over 2 years. I have reset my watch to factory settings, and even with that the heart rate monitor just continues to fail mid-workout. It is always the same, 10 minutes in, it stops tracking the heart rate and tells me to ensure it is tight around my wrist, despite the watch making good contact with my skin and I have it pretty snug. The only thing that makes it work again is to stop the work out, take the watch off and put it back on.... obviously this is more than inconvenient when you are in the zone, running, walking, or biking. The only reason I wanted this watch is for fitness and heart rate monitoring. I'm going to get a fitbit instead since Samsung has no interest in fixing this issue.

0 Likes
Tedsw5
First Poster
Options
My samsung 5 was fine doing exercise walking for 1st 3 months, but now it consistently measures too high. I check it myself and its much lower. The heart rate at rest is fine. I have cleaned it, rebooted it got the updates and changed the setting still does accurately measure it properly
0 Likes
Mike suta
First Poster
Options

IMG_20231231_104802.jpg

I have the same issue with my galaxy watch 6 classic. During workout it's just stop measure heart rate for about 20 min. Which I pretty sure that I wearing my watch snug my wrist.

0 Likes