Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Active not tracking distance

(Topic created on: 18-08-2019 09:54 AM)
matthewgordon
Student
Options
Hi,

The diatnce isn't being tracked on my Galaxy Active watch. During and after a activity it states 0km. I have reset the watch to factory settings, turned on GPS, turned off/on cycling in workout detection. Turned off elliptical training and rowing in workout dectection.

Any pointers?

Thanks
Matthew
60 REPLIES 60
Gonti
Apprentice
Options

I tried everything to get distance tracking for cycling to work. But without any success. According to the posts I am not the only one with that problem, but samsung seems to ignore it. I am very disappointed because in the beginning when the "active" was new it worked pretty good. Only since the beginning of this year it fails constantly.

0 Likes
vcb125
First Poster
Options

I did a backup and rese . It's a pain to do because not every customized setting is reinstalled afterwards but it fixed my issue with workouts turning off. 

0 Likes
LB10
First Poster
Options

vcb125, back up and reset worked - Is this for the cycling distance issue? Was this on your watch or phone?

0 Likes
Jdraganescu
Journeyman
Options

My Fiancee actually found the issue with Cycling not recording distance. It's honestly insane that it's this difficult to find these settings but, here goes:

Open up Samsung health on your watch

Go down to "Record your workout" and click it (should have a little guy running as the icon)

Click "Work out"

Navigate to "Cycling" or whatever specific workout that isn't tracking distance appropriately and click the 3 dots.

Scroll down and turn "Location" on. 

She's a genius for finding this. It works, it fixed her issue because my watch was tracking all of my workouts, but hers wasn't. I even had location tracking turned off in my general settings, yet my watch still tracked despite this. 

Anyways, I hope this helps.

AsGuusual
Journeyman
Options

I've stopped using Samsung Health a while ago, mainly because of issues like these with tracking as well as exporting the activities to Strava. I switched to a relatively cheap app called Gear Tracker and haven't opened Galaxy Health ever since. (I even have it hidden at the moment.) I recently made a review video going over all its features, so if you're interested feel free to check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0IJiQFmrPE 

I'm sure you'll find this useful. 

Stay healthy, stay safe!

Gonti
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

that did the trick! Many thanks. that was really helpful. Thanks God there is this community 🙂

There are so many ways to approach the different workout sessions, and I always used the widget, but there is no possibility to get into the settings as the workout directly starts. When I used your proposal I can enter the settings by this 3 dots and there GPS Tracking was disabled. 

Now I installed the Fitness Dashboard dial. And there you can directly enter into the workout sessions and change the settings if necassary. Now GPS Tracking during cycling works perfect.

Best whishes Goetz

AsGuusual
Journeyman
Options

I'm glad I was able to help out! Stay safe :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Jdraganescu
Journeyman
Options

No problem! I'm not sure if this message was intended for me but I was just as floored as you are by this discovery lol. Best wishes! 

kalphonse
Student
Options

I have the same issue but only while cycling.

0 Likes
Jdraganescu
Journeyman
Options
See my solution up above. It has worked for several others including my SO.
0 Likes