Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy active 2 skin irritation

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 02:32 PM)
Nicola-Turner
Apprentice
Options

20210203_142436.jpg

I got a new galaxy active 2 for christmas and its great! However i have noticed that my skin has got a rash it almost looks like a burn. Its not really irritated or itchy has anyone had something similer and found a solution? I have tried switching wrists but just cant get used to it 😞 

9 REPLIES 9
Ryan1976
First Poster
Options
wow that's different. wonder of its any sort of coating on the device?
0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Nicola-Turner  ,

this doesn't seem right to us. Is this only appearing where the strap lays or where the watch back is? Has this been happening since day 1 and do you have any known allergy to materials like nickel or silicone? 

0 Likes
Nicola-Turner
Apprentice
Options

Its both where the strap and the watch back is. It only seems to have appeared this week and no allergies that i know of.

0 Likes
Ronan110
First Poster
Options
I have the exact same issue, best fix is wear the watch tight enough so it doesn't move on your wrist, they're friction burns.
0 Likes
Nicola-Turner
Apprentice
Options

I have tries this as well 😞 doesn't seem to help. 

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
use a soapy sponge to wash the STRAP ONLY, then dry the strap. use a soft cloth to wipe the back of the actual watch. I reckon what you have is a mild sweat rash, caused by the non-absorbent silicon strap.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
is basically heat rash I used to get it on apple watch and got it once or twice with this one, I just don't have it on too tight and just kept wearing it and for me it disappeared eventually, other option is get a strap with lots of air holes in it
0 Likes
Nicola-Turner
Apprentice
Options

Thanks everyone I will give these suggestions a try :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Have seen various comments by people over the years re Apple watches, Samsung watches etc and do very occasionally get similar myself with my Galaxy Frontier

Seen a few people ( as mentioned in post above ) figure is due to sweat / moisture under the silicone band

Can't remember where I saw it but a recommendation I've seen is to put a light dusting of baby talc on inside of band ( haven't tried this myself as only get a wee bit of rash every 2/ 3 months )
0 Likes