Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GALAXY Active 2 - Reboot Loop

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 04:03 PM)
Daves1
Journeyman
Options

@Samsung - This is the second Active 2 I have. The first one got an issue with the touch screen and the shop where I bought it did replace to me at no cost. This was like 6 months ago. Today, after coming back from a nice morning run, my active 2 watch start the reboot loop. How can I sort it out this issue please? Please, advise ASAP. Thanks, 

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37
ymlee
First Poster
Options
hello i need help,i can't receive any text from any body
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Daves1: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Galaxy Watch Active 2. Have you downloaded anything on to the device from an unofficial source, such as a an app or watch face? If so, try removing this temporarily to see if this helps. Are you using the official charging dock and USB cable that came with the device, and is the watch suitably charged when the issue occurs? 

To further troubleshoot the issue, please press and hold the Home button and select Power off, then power the watch back on in the same manner to see if this helps. I'd also recommend checking for an update via the Galaxy Wearables app > About Watch > Update Watch Software > Update Now. As a last resort, return the device to its factory settings by following the steps below.

1. Data Back Up - Galaxy Wearables > About Watch > Back Up And Restore > Backup Settings

2. Reactivation Lock - Galaxy Wearables > Settings > Find My Watch > Set Security (if you can't see this, you may need to use Turn On Remote Connection first) > Reactivation Lock > Press the switch (to disable) > Enter your Samsung Account password > Confirm

Factory Data Reset - Settings > General > Reset > Confirm (the tick icon)

@ymlee: Do you have the Wi-Fi or 4G variant of the Galaxy Watch Active 2? 

0 Likes
Daves1
Journeyman
Options

Hi, @AndrewL.

I did not download any App to the watch. Last time I did, it was in the first week when I got it from the shop like 6 months ago. I was using it normally and then, all of sudden, it stopped working this am after a quick run and now and not it is still in this rebooting cycle. It DOES NOT turn on anymore.

I cannot try what you are suggesting, due to the fact that the watch is not turning on at all. Hence, I cannot open the Wearable App because of course the watch it not connected to my mobile (samsung galaxy s10). When I try to turn the watch on, it does only shows that it is rebooting... Also, I do charge it on USB connected to my laptop and also in the wall charger brick. And yes - the cable I use to charge the watch is the original one that came with the watch when I got it brand new. 

Please, help. 

Thanks, 

Daves1
Journeyman
Options

@ymlee - I do have the wi-fi version of the Watch Active 2.

0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Daves1 

hello

step 1

do restart → press and hold the watch lower button for 10 seconds to restart

try other cable/charger if possible

step 2

check cables then re-fit, try plugging to different socket

step 2

if possible, do data backup via Wearables app on your linked phone

step 3

do the reset

if persists, arrange a repair of watch by contacting support below

link

ta😉

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Daves1
Journeyman
Options

Hi, @linaticore.

It is a shame that a 250 USD watch is giving me headaches for the second time. Thanks for sending the options, but the watch now is not even turning on. Big shame sinca I moved from an Apple ecosystem to Samsung and keep having troubles with their products. 

@samsung - How to sort this issue out please? Is there any address where I can FedEx my watch so you can verify and fix it please? Assuming this should be standard for such issue. Please, advise.

Thanks all,

ashraf82de
Student
Options

just today I started to have the same problem. out of the sudden after just taking shower the watch kept rebooting and it reboot before it completely lunch so it is impossible to connect to phone or do any of the suggested idea listed above.

the last time I connected it to my phone was dew days ago and it did some updates. but it was working fine until today. 

ashraf82de
Student
Options

now I am sure it is the water. after I left it for one day to dry it was able to fully boot. the toich screen behaved weird some times but when I took a shower again it started to do a reboot loop again. isn't it a water proof? really just by taking shower?? 

PrivateJoker
Journeyman
Options

I too am having this issue.  My watch is 20 days out of warranty and they want 80+ bucks just to look at it!
I have not installed any apps on this watch for quite sometime.  There is NO way that a $250 watch should be this unreliable!!! I bought it because I thought it would work great with my s10 (it did). However how could I ever consider buying another wearable after this experience?  I got a watch barely a year old that is stuck in a reboot loop.  Hate to say it but might have to look into the Apple ecosystem, at least their stuff works.