Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy active 2 accidental long press

(Topic created on: 20-12-2019 03:56 AM)
anand84
First Poster
Options

Recently got the active 2, and while great, there's one particular issue that I've been finding quite annoying. Whenever I have my arms crossed, my right arm (watch is on left wrist) accidentally ends up doing a long press on the screen which enters the watch face selection screen. I constantly have to hit the button to exit this mode and get back to the home screen.

Anyone have a fix for this?

15 REPLIES 15
myownquestions
First Poster
Options

This helped - thanks. But as you said - it just minimized the frequency.

0 Likes
g3ro81
Journeyman
Options

I resolved the issue with "Screen Block 2" from Galaxy app store 😉

0 Likes
ObligatoryName
Student
Options

Agreed.  Additionally, although I have a SAMSUNG account I had to create a new SAMSUNG "Community" handle to like this, add to the request for assistance and they immediately began to spam me so had to log back in and turn all notifications off.  Now that I know I need a new App to reduce but not resolve the problem, I must download the app to my smartphone, sync, install... This is a watch, meant to measure time improve efficiency I suppose but I am wasting a lot of time with this watch due to SAMSUNG designs.

0 Likes
bal57
First Poster
Options
It was doing my head in, have switched it off in settings, no great strain to press a button or turn bezel, peace at last
0 Likes
JecoolJimmy
First Poster
Options

I am also using the waterlock as mine activates just by laying on my watch.  As it is annoying, at this stage I'd rather the long press have the option to be disabled and only access via settings to prevent me from losing other features while in waterlock. Gets frustrating.

0 Likes
washton
First Poster
Options

I to have a similar problem, but perhaps worse.  I have tried to minimize the issue by hiding all other watch faces and turning off the touch wakeup.  But this does not catch the issue when I wear my watch to bed to track my sleep.  In my sleep, my movement sometimes turns the watch on and then the long press presents a delete option and my watch face is deleted.  This is so frustrating, as it has happened over and over.  I then have to locate the watch face I purchased, re-download it and set its options all back up again, and I do not see any hope for change of this behavior as these posts have not been considered.

0 Likes