Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy 5 Watch Pro can't be used with Super Fast Wireless Charger Duo

(Topic created on: 25-08-2022 12:13 AM)
ptauger
Apprentice
Options

Updated: It can, indeed, work with the Duo Charger.  You can flip the strap around so that the watch back is on the outside and then pull up a bit on the straps wear they are attached to the watch.  The watch back will then lie flat on the charger and everything works just fine!

I took advantage of the trade-in offer and ordered the Galaxy 5 Watch Pro in grey.  It came with the Charger Duo.  However, because of the strap which comes with the grey version (which I like very much), it can't be fully opened without.  This makes it impossible to use with Charger Duo.  What's the point of offering a free charger that doesn't work with the phone?  Fortunately, the magnetic charging pads that were included with the Galaxy 4 Classic appear to work, but, really!  This doesn't seem to have been thought out well at all.

21 REPLIES 21
Gareee
Student
Options

Undo the strap, flip it up over the face, and slide the strap into its slot, and secure it with the clasp. The strap will stay in place, and the back of the phone will rest flat on the charger.

Works, but it'll get old fast.

wmpbwmpb
First Poster
Options

What do you mean by "flip the strap around?"

0 Likes
wmpbwmpb
First Poster
Options

What do you mean by "pull up?"

0 Likes
wmpbwmpb
First Poster
Options

Just figured this out. You don't have to take off the straps. Hold the watch, face up, and gently pull up on each of the straps near the watch in the direction of the face. The straps will give just enough such that the watch itself will be the low point and fit onto the Duo charging pad or earlier watch-only charging devices. The trick, I think, is to be gentle. Of course, Samsung should have put this in the downloadable manual. SAMSUNG, ARE YOU READING THIS?   

0 Likes
Jakeharvey
Student
Options

Turn the watch band inside out without disconnecting anything, then just pull up on the band ends where they sit against the watch body until they sort of "pop" themselves out of the way (again...NOT disconnect). It takes 1 second and will allow it to charge on anything. It's still not super elegant and Samsung could and should have done better here...but it works. 

ptbrown121
First Poster
Options

Definitely something someone did without doing even one test using the included band.  So dumb, and ya, you can flip the band around...and pull up on the straps...and push down on the watch on the charging station so that it will start charging...and watch is still sit off the station so that it charges SLOWER than with the included dongle, but ya, mark that as the "solution" to this problem.  make Samsung think this is "solved".

0 Likes
QAedon
Student
Options

Samsung is made of closed-walled silo's.  One part isn't speaking to the other part.  I'm using the "free" Charger Pro to kill spiders, so, it's not all bad.

myles h
First Poster
Options

I tried this and it feels like I'm going to break the latching mechanism 

0 Likes
QAedon
Student
Options

You won't break the latching mechanism as long as you pull up and the joints click.  Upon further inspection, it appears this is what it is supposed to do.  It is manufactured for this very purpose.  It feels sturdy, almost resisting, but look at it closely, and you will see it is bending at the joints and doing what it's supposed to do.

0 Likes
AFANGRYWARRIOR
Apprentice
Options

It doesn't help me... I have a traditional metal band on my Watch 5 pro.  Do I have to remove it every time I want to wirelessly charge my watch?? What was Samsung thinking?!