Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 5 and Google Wallet authentication issues

(Topic created on: 29-09-2022 11:37 PM)
Dyuile
First Poster
Options

I cannot get my galaxy 5 watch to use Google wallet. I keep getting Google account authentication errors. I have check it is the same Google account on both devices, I have re installed wallet several time and also did a full reset of the watch to start again. Any ideas.

Screenshot_20220924-085000.png

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
ScrappyCocos
Navigator
Options

Hi!

First of all, what smartphone are you using?

Second of all, you have the wallet app on your watch, can you try and set it up directly from your watch.

Are you by any chance using One Ui Beta version?

" If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0 "
Dyuile
First Poster
Options

Phone is Pixel 6 which is fully up to date from software POV. When you try to set up wallet on the watch it just keeps pushing you back to the phone.

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

It will use the phone to interface with the watch, but it should work with the watch wallet only.

Whenever, I need to add a card to my watch wallet, it opens on the phone. By the way, the watch and the phone wallet are independent from each other, meaning that you will need to enter the card on both wallets. 

0 Likes
Dyuile
First Poster
Options

Thanks and yes I understand but when I try and add a card to the watch I get the error message on the screenshot above which makes it impossible to add a card. When I lost into my Google account there are no error messages

0 Likes
chipward
First Poster
Options

I am having this problem. If it's not resolved, I have to return the watch and the phone and go back to Apple. This is Mickey Mouse. 

0 Likes
ScrappyCocos
Navigator
Options

Is everything setup and working on your phone? The wallet app and the cards are all working?

Dyuile
First Poster
Options

No still not working

0 Likes
ScrappyCocos
Navigator
Options

Have you tried to log out from your google account and log back in using the same account on both. 

In the end it might be also a compatibility issue, Samsung watch - Google pixel phone. Some apps might not work properly and this might be one of them.

0 Likes
MathewScott
First Poster
Options

I have this same issues, using a new watch 5 and an s21, cards are set up on my cellphone.

0 Likes