Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy 46mm bluetooth watch intermittent GPS

(Topic created on: 01-08-2020 10:46 AM)
Carter24
Student
Options

I have recently purchased a Galaxy watch with the idea it would be easier to record my rides on Strava but since having it I have yet to successully record a ride.

It appears that the GPS will only work when it wants to and not when I want it to which is quite frustrating.

I have checked all location services are working and all permissions are allowed.

When I first downloaded the Strava app it worked fine and showed that it was connected to the GPS with the little icon at the top of the screen.

When I tried to go for a ride it wouldn't connect and would only record the time and heart rate.

I get home and sit down and tinker with it for a bit and miraculously get it to start working again by uninstalling it and reinstalling it but I still end up having the same problem as again it still won't connect to the GPS when I want it to.

The samsung health app also does the same thing so I don't believe it is the Strava App that is the problem.

The Altimeter stuggles to connect and so does the weather.

Could it have something to do with the fact that I am using it with a piece of junk Huawei P20 phone?

I have got a Samsung S20 on it's way so I'm hoping that might fix my problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Mickerman
Explorer
Options
hey Carter, I had problems with the strava app on my watch. I reverted back to the samsung health app for tracking the workouts and have these automatically sync from s-health to strava on your phone. works fine for ride and run but not so good with open water swim.
you can give permissions for sharing content to strava within your s-health settings on phone.
hope this helps.
Greg
0 Likes
Carter24
Student
Options

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your reply.

Apparently Strava have an issue with the Galaxy watch app and are working to fix it but can't say when that will be last time I checked.

I wasn't aware that the Samsung Health was able to connect to Strava so that is helpful to know and I will have to try and set that up.

I ended up purchasing an App called Gear Tracker which has worked pretty well for me so far but is a bit of a pain to initiate before setting off on a ride.  I expect the Samsung Health would be easier. 

The Gear Tracker App might work better for open water swimming though if that is of interest to you.  I can't say I have used it for that though.

Thanks again for your reply,

Regards,

Carter.

0 Likes