Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 4 watch overheating during call

(Topic created on: 26-05-2022 07:00 PM)
andrewharper72
First Poster
Options

im on my 3rd watch now with the over heating issue  after buyers remorse had ended Samsung said they could fix it sent it in for repair. They stated they would communicate through the whole process which was a lie. Got a message we received it and the one they were sending it back. And result was update. I get it back and the same thing happens about two minutes or less in a call it gives warning goes to airplane mode until cool down message and everytime it does it I loose 10 percent battery it last 6 hours with battery saving and watch only mode. I call they say send it back I get a message it's being sent back unrepaired I'm at a loss I don't know what to do feel taken advantage of. And for the last 3 days I message them and get told someone will be  reaching out but nothing.

3 REPLIES 3
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi just wondering is it an LTE version, if it is its probably overheated due to your Lte network reception, if all three models are doing the same thing then that's probably the reason.
iz77978
Journeyman
Options
Apart from what has been said, the cause might be that the battery usage is high and that ruins the battery or maybe all 3 batteries are damaged
0 Likes
SMcGarrett
Apprentice
Options

The overheating is happening on my Watch 4 Classic LTE. I don't think it's hardware based. O2 UK claimed that the network on the watch was fine. Turns out if the watch 4 LTE is in an area of low signal the Watch 4 will try to establish a better connection. 

It's like trying to find a child in a massive field but having to do it in 2 minutes to the point you get worn out. 

Point is the watch is using it's resources to establish a better connection, it's not hardware based. It's down to Samsung software on how poor it's optimized.