Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy 4 watch LTE feature don't work with NON Samsung mobile

(Topic created on: 28-10-2022 04:11 PM)
Pankajnarang
Apprentice
Options

Recently bought galaxy4 watch , basis MISLEADING information shared by BRAND.

TO use this watch in INDIA , WITH LTE feature -  one needs to have SAMSUNG mobile ONLY. As it cannot be configured on non Samsung mobile.

AIRTEL confirm the same , had 10 days struggle on calls to support numbers, Airtel customer care , samsung service center and what NOT. No not a single person is aware on this and just keep on bluffing YOU.

PLS DO NOT BUY , IF YOU WANT TO USE LTE FEATURE AND DO NOT HAVE SAMSUNG MOBILE.

AS AIRTEL DON'T SUPPORT THAT.

No other operator has option including Vi .

It works with JIO although even on prepaid number.

So think twice before wasting you money on misleading FACTS.

16 REPLIES 16
Wearable Gadgets
First Poster
Options

If i would had seen your post before then ....... But now i am stuck with lte watch which is of no use

0 Likes
ntcool
First Poster
Options

I am planning to buy Samsung Watch 4(LTE) version from US. Can i activate samsung galaxy watch 4 using samsung Tab 7 Lite(LTE) Version as there is no phone with her??

0 Likes
Pankajnarang
Apprentice
Options

It is one-time activation , just place your sim in some samsung mobile of your friend and get it configure.

Make sure to tak backup in your Samsun account.

Once done un install app and login etc from his/her mobile and keep on using.

Watch will keep on working ,once you take ur sim back to your mobile.

0 Likes
Pankajnarang
Apprentice
Options

It should work as it is one-time activation .

Or use it in any Samsung handset of your friend . 

It is will keep on working after switching sim back.

0 Likes
ntcool
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the response. But the Galaxy Watch 4 or 5 are eSIM. so how come your suggestion of placing sim in mobile phone to activate ? What sim to place on Samsung mobile phone? it is not clear what exactly needs to be done when you get eSIM. Also, please suggest whether any specific carrier in India supports eSIM for Samsung galaxy watch? 

0 Likes
Pankajnarang
Apprentice
Options

You don't need to convert your sim to esim , mobile and watch will get configured nas 2 parallel devices . You can receive calls on both or either of them your choice .

M using Airtel , just plug in ur normal sim to Samsung mobile , configure on app , don't forget to take configuration back-up in ur samsung account.

Once configure and working., Then you can swipe it back to your mobile and both will work.

0 Likes
Skashyap2001
Student
Options

Does the Jio sim work with any phone or do I need Samsung for that too?

0 Likes
Skashyap2001
Student
Options

How do I take configuration back? Like do I need to do something manually or the smart switch will take of it?

0 Likes
solidsample
Student
Options

Logged  in to just like this post.
Should have made some research before buying this ***** watch.
Not sure where it mentioned as  the LTE is configurable only to Samsung Phones (as claimed by Cust Care)

Stay away from Samsung watch if you are using Non Samsung Mobile