Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxt watch 4 GPS issue

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 01:47 PM)
elliewllr
Apprentice
Options

Hi, 

I have a galaxy watch 4, I have been using it since the end of July with the strava app. I've had a small break, during which I updated the software, and now I can't seem to get it to pick up a GPS signal. 

I have reset the watch and reconnected it to my phone, tried redownloading the strava app and number of times. It doesn't seem to be picking up signal on the Samsung health app either. 

I have checked location services are on on the settings.

What can I do?! I'm out of ideas and frustrated as I use it with strava almost daily... 

10 REPLIES 10
yasa-1981
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. This happened after the update. So far, no solution has been provided by Samsung.

elliewllr
Apprentice
Options
Its reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one. I hope a solution is found soon its very frustrating
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, I have also observed this. it's a hit and miss. When i try a couple of times, it does manage to get a lock on GPS. With Strava and S Health, it can take a couple of minutes to acquire a lock on GPS. The chances of acquiring a lock in GPS are better when you are outside and stationary.

I have sent in an error report via the Wear app > Contact us. I suggest you all also do the same. The more people report this issue, the better. Don't forget to send error logs (when GPS is turned on and Samsung Health is active).

elliewllr
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I'll send an error now
0 Likes
Gccarvalho
First Poster
Options

I am having exact the same issue, i click on bike, and the GPS delay too much to be locked, same time ago, when i click in less then 5 seconds was already done. Any update?

0 Likes
Guy-T
Student
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Watch worked fine. Now completely fails to find location. Absolute nightmare as fails to track activity.

0 Likes
samehsameh
Explorer
Options

Throw my hat in the ring for this one too.  Absolute joke.  Samsung is fully aware of this because it's obviously planned obsolescence, criminal.  They haven't made a good watch since the Original Galaxy Watch.  Wish I never traded in for this low battery-life buggy piece of *****.

0 Likes
Jaavi
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have the same issue, it happens me in Samsung Health and in Strava, GPS not locked so I can't start any activity. With Samsung health I can record and activity (as running) but the activity map is not showed once I finish it

0 Likes
olliew23
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue. Reported it and nothing yet
0 Likes