Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 05:41 PM)
welsh1
Apprentice
Options

My wife purchased a set of bud live in November to give to me as a christmas present, and on Christmas day i was a very happy person when i opened them. But within a few hours i realised they did not work correctly, if i walked away from my phone by about 6 feet they cut out, if i walked the dog and turned my head to the right they cut out,if anything brushed past my pocket where my phone was they cut out.The same on my motorbike, if i looked right they cut out, if i leaned forward to much they cut out.

So they were sent off for repair on the 30th of Jan, and i got them back on the 16th, there was a notice in the package that said there was nothing wrong with them and as a goodwill gesture i wasn't being charged this time, so i put them on and walked the dog and the same problems were there, i then phoned customer service who checked about my repair and told me the repair centre said they had changed the right hand bud, now this confused me, the note states they are fine and nothing was done and yet they don't work, the sevice centre state there was something wrong and replaced the right bud and yet they don't work.

So my Wife has spent £160 on a product that doesn't work ,has been repaired/not repaired and still doesn't work , meanwhile i am back to wearing my £40 bluetooth earbuds that work amazingly well and never just cut out.

So i contact samsung and ask for a refund only to be told we are out of the 30 day return period, i point out that they are under warranty i have consumer rights and they are simply not fit for purpose, but the person just repeats the 30 day return, i ask for a manager and am told someone will call me back at 8pm that day, no one did, so i waited 48 hours and called them back, and again the same 30 day return was rolled out, the person did promise me and i mean promise multiple times that her manager would call me back in 24 hours that was 2 days ago i'm still waiting.

What do i have to do for a simple refund of a product that does not work and is in effect some plastic garbage that is of no use?
My wife worked hard to get me this present, she feels terrible that they are so bad, and i feel terrible that she has parted with her hard earned money and been sold a product that is quite simply unfit for purpose.

I have tried all the advice about paring unpairing ,standing on one leg while facing east and pressing the left bud until it bleeps etc etc, but they don't work..

The customer service has been a joke and frustrating beyond belief

Come on samsung do the decent think refund my amazing wife her hard earned money.

4 REPLIES 4
telescope
Pioneer
Options
horrible... I thought Samsung cared .No wonder ppl are walking away to the competition.
0 Likes
welsh1
Apprentice
Options

UPDATE.
After speaking to the complaints department in the UK my buds went off to the repair centre for a second time, and were back to me within the week, and at first it seemed they may have fixed them , the sound was clearer, the bluetooth distance was improved, but alas when wearing them they still kept losing signal and cutt out.
Meanwhile my wife has a text message saying they will be collecting her samsung product today 01/02/2021 and after calling samsung uk then samsung Manila we are told they are finally refunding my wife's money HURRAH.
I am sorry to say that despite the buds live being beautiful (i had the blue ones) they were terrible, and the service i have had from samsung Manila has been abysmal, people i spoke to in the UK were sympathetic and tried to help but were limited as to what they could do. 

I have been looking to upgrade my Pixel phone which is 3 years old, and as a previous note 4 user i had considered samsung, but this experiance has put me off their products for a long long time, i will be buying another set of wireless ear buds, i  won't be buying samsung.

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Have you turned off battery optimization for the following 

Bluetooth 

Galaxy buds 

Wearable app 

If not , you need to because that can cause connections to drop out !! I had similar and doing what ive said fixed it , hope it helps 

0 Likes
welsh1
Apprentice
Options

I have a pair of £40 bluetooth ear buds which are 3 years old, they do a couple of things, they connect to my phone automatically, they then never lose the bluetooth connection.
Why should i start making compramises for a product that cost 3 times as much and is supposed to be cutting edge technology?

It doesn't matter now, they were collected by Samsung this morning, my wife will have her money back.
Samsung were terrible to deal with and if i am asked i will tell of the difficulty i had dealing with them and how terrible their product was.
I spent many hours on the phone to samsung, i was promised many call backs which never happened, they wasted my time with very poor customer service(Manila) and an inferior product that simply did not work.

I won't be buying a samsung product in the foreseeable future.

0 Likes