Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frequent Bluetooth Disconnection

(Topic created on: 19-11-2020 02:27 PM)
JudgeJustin
Journeyman
Options
I've had my Galaxy Watch 3 for about a month or so now, and I have been experiencing a persistent intermittent problem with its Bluetooth connection to my Galaxy Note 10 + 5G device.  I first noticed it when it wasn't recording my sleep data via Sleep for Android, but subsequently have noticed it frequently drops off during the day too. A further issue is that, when I attempt to manually reconnect it from the watch menu, the connections option often freezes and prevents me from doing so. The only way of reconnecting it is to restart the watch, which usually allows me to reconnect the watch via Bluetooth.  Anything similar being experienced by anyone else? If so, are there any suggested fixes? #galaxywatch3 #samsung #bluetooth #connectionproblems
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
There isn't anything running under Bixby Routines disconnecting, like a power saver?
JudgeJustin
Journeyman
Options
I've checked and nothing obvious, power saving definitely not operating anywhere (at least not where I know how to find it) and running in high performance mode generally on the phone. I suspect the issue is the watch rather than the phone, because once the Bluetooth disconnects, I cannot reconnect it without rebooting the watch, as the Bluetooth menu just freezes.
0 Likes
ecosse01
Voyager
Options
It unfortunately sounds like the watch. I'd go for a factory reset.

https://www.androidauthority.com/factory-reset-samsung-smartwatch-1086991/
0 Likes
JudgeJustin
Journeyman
Options
I was trying to avoid it, but suspect you're right unfortunately. I've messaged Samsung about it but yet to receive a response... thanks again for your help though
0 Likes
Moony1
Student
Options
reset sorted mine but it started again when i started installing apps I've had a few watches since my gear 2 neo and i think one of them caused a conflict i deleted a few apps and then watch faces I'm sure it was a combination of both
0 Likes