Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Force Galaxy Watch 6 backup

(Topic created on: 05-02-2024 08:14 AM)
Iain321
Pathfinder
Options
Anyone know how I force my Watch 6 to back up? It's set up to do it using Smart Switch but there's no Back up Now button on my watch or in the Wearable app on my phone. 
18 REPLIES 18
Neo001
Legend
Options

Backup should happen automatically. There no button to initiate a manual backup. Check if backup options are setup correctly and that you have Smart Switch installed and setup on your phone.

Not sure if this will work, but you can try to trigger a backup by changing some settings or app screen changes on your watch.

Iain321
Pathfinder
Options

Thank you @Neo001 you're right ..watch backed up to phone and cloud at 3am.
Tried your suggestion how to force a back up, but doesn't work.
I swap watches pretty often and would to really useful to have the Backup Now button back. Means I can back up and restore it to another watch in minutes....and not wait til 3am!
Auto backups are, of course, vital but bring back the button Samsung.

Neo001
Legend
Options

You can send this as feedback via the Samsung Members app > Support > Send feedback

Iain321
Pathfinder
Options

Yeah....done that. Again, thanks for your help. 

TommyK_047
Apprentice
Options

I run into the same problem. I realized then only way to force it to backup is to start with factory reset. Than it first do the backup and then reset. Just make sure you have SmartSwitch working on the mobile.

leofriendly
Apprentice
Options

Make sure you have lock your watch with pattern or pin and smart switch with right setting on your phone. Then you just reset your watch, it will automatic back up to the cloud right away (with your phone near by). After it's done, it gonna ask for unlock (pattern or pin), you just ignore and press home button --> the watch will cancel reset! It is the only way to force backup right now

therealjbeave
First Poster
Options

This is the correct answer for anyone looking. Worked like a charm, thank you!

0 Likes
Iain321
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for your help everyone. Your workarounds are very useful. But a proper solution can only be provided by Samsung when they restore the Back Up Now button. Come on Samsung!
yoanpg
Pioneer
Options

Do you have any screenshot of each step? When I go to Reset menu, I have only a button to Reset.

I have checked videos online, and I can see above the reset button there is a Backup button. I don't have that. 

Capture d’écran 2024-05-12 184725.jpg

Should I press Reset button? I am afraid to do it

Capture d’écran 2024-05-12 184859.jpg