Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Exercise activities

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 07:40 AM)
SamDNL
Apprentice
Options

How can I get my samsung watch to record calories burnt while exercising such as  - aerobics, dance etc. I'm a dance instructor and use my phone for video apps etc, therefore I cannot have my phone on my body.  Really frustrated as have upgraded from a Fitbit to Samsung ...but my fitbit recorded aerobics and such! 

Please help!  Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Solution
POTWAY
Samsung Helper
Options

Hi,

On your Samsung Handset, open the Samsung Health App.  Click on the Excersize box, then at the bottom click "Add workout" you can add various excersizes to your list of selectable excersizes.  Aerobics and dance are on there as selectablel activities.

When you start the excersize on youe phone, it will track the calories.

Hope that helps.

FlorieJoy
Samsung Helper
Options

Thank you for the great advice,
Fiona

POTWAY
Samsung Helper
Options

No Problem!  Happy to help 🙂

SamDNL
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, they were on the Samsung health app
But what about my samsung galaxy watch?
I use my phone to connect music/videos so can't have phone actually on my person. Purchased the watch to measure workouts and exercise 😞
POTWAY
Samsung Helper
Options

For the watch, I believe the below should work:

Press Power Key

Go to Samsung Health

Tap Excersize > Work out > swipe the workout you want to track.   (If you tap the three dots next to the workout you can change the target).

You can also add the excersize widget to your home screen.

Hope that helps.

MarcelleSales
Student
Options

It is impossible to add "dance" as a workout in my Samsung Galaxy Watch 42mm. Can you help me? 

FabsConti
Apprentice
Options

It doesn't. There is a long thread already going with the same complaint.  They give you the stupid instructions that don't work because they don't understand and it looks as solved. It's not solved. There is no way to add the exercises from Health to watch unless it's already in the watch. It's the most stupid thing and everyone complains and samsung refuses to listen. So I think we should all move to apple or buy other watch brands.

SamDNL
Apprentice
Options

Agreed, this is not resolved! It is so frustrating! I have 22 months left on my contract! 😞 

0 Likes
Paulie24
Samsung Helper
Options
I have done the same, working well.
0 Likes