Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Emergency calls only Galaxy Watch4 4g

(Topic created on: 13-03-2022 01:11 PM)
HelenJ17
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I've got a Galaxy Watch4 4g, esim activated, but can only make Emergency calls when not connected to my phone, a Galaxy A12. Any suggestions? Thanks
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
TRY2HELP
Helping Hand
Options
was your phone off when this happen?
you have to leave your phone on all time even when you away from your phone to get your watch to work with mobile network
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - would suggest you do a search on the forum - there are quite a lot of previous posts on this with various suggestions that may help ( seems to be an issue mainly with people using O2 network but also on others )
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Good point if on O2 - phone wherever it is needs to be on and connected to wifi ( with Vodafone & EE this isn't required as watch connects directly to their mobile network whereas O2 work it differently for some reason - on Vodafone my watch3 will connect with phone off )
0 Likes
HelenJ17
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, yes I'm on O2 & have left phone on. Will try searching forum.
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi - if you put " watch O2 " in the search bar it will come up with quite a few posts I think there may also be items on this in the help / forum on the O2 website. Hope you can find a solution for yours. Seems to be more problematic on O2
0 Likes
HelenJ17
Apprentice
Options
Thank you! 😊
0 Likes
Solution
HelenJ17
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the suggestions, having looked into this further although my phone is on O2 network it's through Tesco Mobile which turns out doesn't support esim. My contract is up soon so will be looking into a contract direct with O2 so hopefully that will resolve the issue.
Members_7ke9pK9
First Poster
Options

I cannot believe the statement that phone must be left on to be able to use Watch with mobile network !!  The whole point of a Watch having cellular connection is it can be used independently of the phone.  What if battery runs out on phone.  That should not stop the watch from working!  Major design flaw Samsung !!!!   I had apple iphone and apple watch.  I liked the ZFold3 so much I decided to switch from iOS to Android.  Having spent days trying to get the Galaxy Watch4 to work as it SHOULD do - I am now bitterly regretting my decision!  Come on SAMSUNG - get real and sort this out !

0 Likes
Members_6ugwpRz
Student
Options

Type emergency calls only on Samsung watch. Into Google. Or use this link https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-watch-4-emergency-calls-only-fix-o2-network/td-...  

Follow the steps provided and it solves the issue.  If remote connection doesn't appear on your wearable app type it in the search bar, and complete rest of steps. Why the O2 shop is salisbury didn't know this is beyond me. 

0 Likes