Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications dropping off?

(Topic created on: 19-07-2020 02:28 PM)
Beccic
Pathfinder
Options
Hello,

I've been the proud owner of an Active 2 watch since Friday & love it... however, my emails seem to stop notifying my watch after coming out of Goodnight mode?

Twice now, they've been working fine, i go yo sleep & in the morning they don't work. Everything else does & settings haven't been changed. Notifications are turned on in the Wear app & its even displaying when the last one was (although didn't come to the watch).

Any ideas? When I turn it off & back on again, its fine - just a bit of a faff if I have to do this every day!!

Thanks lovelies...
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@Beccic: I'm glad to hear that you're loving your Galaxy Watch Active 2. Goodnight mode does disable all notifications, except alarms, however these should resume when Goodnight Mode is disabled. Can you confirm if you are manually disabling Goodnight Mode, or allowing it to automatically disable?
0 Likes
Beccic
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks Andrew,

Disabling on the watch...  rebooting hasn't worked this time either!  Will the auto function assume my sleep pattern from Samsung Health? (Beforw this was using a fit(e)..)

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Beccic: No problem. Can you try allowing Goodnight Mode to automatically disable (which should happen when you get up), to see if this helps at all. Sleep patterns are analysed and recorded with your heart rate, so won't be affected by Goodnight Mode. Let me know how you get on.
0 Likes
Beccic
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks- will try... Any idea how to force them back on for now? All other notifications working except email! 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Beccic: I'd recommend checking your notification settings in the Wearables app (Home > Notifications), where you can try disabling features such as 'Show Only While Wearing' to remove any potential restrictions. You can also try disabling and enabling Email notifications by tapping the switch to the right of the app thumbnail, to see if this pushes them through.
0 Likes
Beccic
Pathfinder
Options

Aha... one of those appears to have worked! Thank you so much for your help 😀

Beccic
Pathfinder
Options
Hi again
I've been invited to mark this as resolved... but sadly it hasn't been!!
I've left replying for a few days as wanted to try various scenarios, but nothing seems to happen the same twice...
I've put the watch onto auto for goodnight mode , it doesn't go into it (I know this as a xouple of times have lifted arm in the night ; had a face full of brightness from the watch!). Some mornings I wake up & emails sync fine. Others I have to toggle things on & off until they do. Others I have to reboot the watch & they kick in. Its only email notifications - the rest come through fine without having to do anything.
I guess for now I'll just have to test it each morning & see which combination of switches it wants for that day... quite irritating.
Thanks for your help though- at least I know how to put it right each day (within reason)
0 Likes