Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG Update

(Topic created on: 13-11-2020 11:07 AM)
Doylea9
Apprentice
Options
Does anyone know when the ECG update for the Samsung Active 2 will be rolled out in Ireland?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Have my watch a year. Bought it because of this feature and believing the ECG would be released within a few months. I'm still waiting. I really am thinking of selling it now and buying a wear watch instead
Gamo
Explorer
Options
Agree, its not great releasing a product thats half ready. no ECG, no BP, and no Samsung Pay support for Ireland.
Wouldn't buy a Samsung watch again.
Doylea9
Apprentice
Options
Really disappointing for users in Ireland, I'd agree I wouldn't buy another Samsung watch... so many features missing and no plans on fixing them. They really shouldn't advertise ECG if the watch doesn't have it
Gamo
Explorer
Options
I wondering is there any point is raising a complaint to consumer protection ccpc ? I assume there is small print that covers Samsung legally, but no harm using cpcc to put pressure on them to release the feature ?
0 Likes
Doylea9
Apprentice
Options
Might be worth looking into! on the Samsung website they claim that the product has ECG... Samsung really need to start looking after customers in Ireland
0 Likes
Dfeat
Journeyman
Options

I really don't think its going to happen. Given how long it took samsung to get it approved in the US i don't think they are going to pour resources into pushing every small European country to approve it.

If you run tizen 5 you can install it by yourself from your phone though, it takes like 1 minute. I have both ECG and blood pressure working on my Active 2 in Sweden, but honestly its just gimmics. Its cool to try out once and then you never touch it again

0 Likes
Doylea9
Apprentice
Options

That's a massive disappointment from Samsung. They should not be providing a product with only half of what they advertised because the country is too small to matter to them. 

What apps would you recommend? 

0 Likes
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
0 Likes