Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

ECG Galaxy Watch 4 and Pixel 6 Pro

(Topic created on: 13-10-2022 02:12 PM)
Davidnp
Journeyman
Options

ECG on Galaxy Watch 4 with Pixel 6 Pro phone does not work. How do I solve this?

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
Bockmeister
First Poster
Options

I wholeheartedly agree. I just purchased the Galaxy Watch 5 Pro for ECG and locking the ECG function anti-competitively to Samsung phones without a warning label on the packaging is pretty disgusting. Mine is going back this weekend. It's also a huge waste of time that the watch drives you to Samsung's excuse for an app store on my Pixel 6 Pro and even there it doesn't actually explain the situation to you. Installing the app is simply disabled. Oh, and I don't like not being able to uninstall "Bixby."

AlmondFungus
Student
Options

I'm with the others here.  I purchased this watch specifically for the ECG functionality only to find out that it's not actually allowed to be used because I don't have a Samsung phone.  That's pretty ridiculous.  That really makes me not want to purchase Samsung products moving forward.

Keenc
Apprentice
Options

Best solution - return Samsung watch for full refund as ECG doesn't work, then use the money to buy a Pixel watch.  Gamechanger and all functionality works with my phone

Keri_K
Student
Options

I'm right there with you. I was really disappointed and felt deceived after I bought the watch having a Google Pixel phone. I researched and researched before getting this watch and the only thing it stated was that it was compatible with Android phones, not specifically a Samsung phone. Very misleading and I will never purchase anything from Samsung ever again.

Keri_K
Student
Options

Does the pixel watch have ECG?

0 Likes
AlmondFungus
Student
Options

Yes, it does.

0 Likes
FeeBee0532
Student
Options

I have also just received my Galaxy watch 5 and have only now discovered the ECG does not work on my pixel 6. The ECG was the feature I purchased the watch for!! Samsung.....restricting this content only make us send back your products.....it certainly doesn't encourage you to purchase more of your product. It also makes us complain and inform others to not purchase samsung products. Dumb move....

Keenc
Apprentice
Options

So you are advising to return the watch for a full refund?

0 Likes
FeeBee0532
Student
Options

I'm going to try. It doesn't do what I bought it to do. 

dr khaled ghonim
Journeyman
Options

please KholaI my watch 4 classic still cannot do ECG & BLOOD PRESSURE tell now what the solution , my phone is note 20 ultra

0 Likes