Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG function for Galaxy Watch Active2 in UK

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 05:19 PM)
duncanh1903
Apprentice
Options

Can't get any info from Samsung on timelines, or even if this feature will ever be enabled in the UK. So frustrating to see other countries starting to get ECG and not hearing anything for UK. Anyone else heard anything, or have a way to install the Health Monitoring app on a UK watch?

40 REPLIES 40
Moiitje
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's not doing anything to your warranty.  It also doesn't block any updates nor puts your phone or watch in danger. 

Besides that, samsung could block the oppurtunity but they choose not to. Even if they wanted too they just simply couldn't push it to all their watches without the clearance.  They could face a lawsuit.

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@Moiitje wrote:

It's not doing anything to your warranty.  It also doesn't block any updates nor puts your phone or watch in danger. 

Besides that, samsung could block the oppurtunity but they choose not to. Even if they wanted too they just simply couldn't push it to all their watches without the clearance.  They could face a lawsuit.

Says who, you? You don't get to decide what voids a warranty request, Samsung do! I agree that installing an app shouldn't void an existing warranty but it could, as confirmed by a Samsung Moderator on this very forum. Also, you're making a very bold statement when you say installing such an app doesn't put your watch or phone in danger, I choose to not take the risk. After all, I access my credit card, bank and PayPal accounts on my phone and refuse to install apps that have been modified by unauthorised and/or unknown individuals for fear of financial loss through possible malware.

The option is there and if users choose to take up that option then fine, but that doesn't mean they are not putting themselves at risk or that Samsung shouldn't be held accountable for selling a device with a promise that such a feature would be coming by a certain date only for those who purchased it to still be waiting the best part of two years later.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
billythecat
Journeyman
Options
You'll find the small print will avoid any Samsung liability for anything - and the hope that BP/ECG capability will exist before the end of this month. On another matter - which training/heath app is the best to use with Active2 ans Samsung phone?
duncanh1903
Apprentice
Options
I use MapMyRun. It's okay, but far from perfect. Some basic features are only available if you get a subscription. I think the same applies to Strava.
billythecat
Journeyman
Options
Thank you.
0 Likes
billythecat
Journeyman
Options
Update due 22 February for the ECG and BP capability - but you'll need the Samsung Health Monitor app to use it.
0 Likes
billythecat
Journeyman
Options
22nd February - can't see ECG/BP update for my Active2!
0 Likes
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
billythecat
Journeyman
Options
The ECG device gives me the adfib and sinus rhythm readings - almost on an alternate basis, though I know I don't have adfib. Is it too sensitive I wonder?
0 Likes
Alun135
Explorer
Options
hi Billythecat
I don't know about if you have Afib
I had but since my ablation I have been free of it.

now a symptom I had was when I startrd an attack it felt like I had what I can only describe as a double beat kind of boom boom it then started to race away, it would then proceed to go faster then slower going up and down from 90 to 190 I would feel like I was running hard I could only gasp for breath it would then suddenly drop to around 35 beats I felt worse with this than at a fast beat it would then go normal sinus rhythm for a while then shoot back up

I had what was called paroxismal atrial Fibrillation thats what they called as it was like a yoyo going up and down.

if you feel the pulse on your arm at the wrist you can actually feel it going fast then slow.

I used to take it this way you can also feel the missing beats just like a skrewd up metronome.

in stead of it going click click click it would go click click cliiiiick click

so it may be you do have af and the watch is catching it for you but to be sure use your pulse you can actually feel it

I had another watch that continously monitored and recorded the heart beat it was amazing and not overly expensive