Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG function for Galaxy Watch Active2 in UK

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 09:08 PM)
duncanh1903
Apprentice
Options

Can't get any info from Samsung on timelines, or even if this feature will ever be enabled in the UK. So frustrating to see other countries starting to get ECG and not hearing anything for UK. Anyone else heard anything, or have a way to install the Health Monitoring app on a UK watch?

40 REPLIES 40
billythecat
Journeyman
Options
Google tells me the ECG ability will commence via an update, later this month - Februsry 2021.
duncanh1903
Apprentice
Options
Thanks. Hope that's correct.
billythecat
Journeyman
Options
21st February is when Samsung say the ECG update will be issued. The statement is available on Google.
0 Likes
Alun135
Explorer
Options

Don't hold your breath.

Thats what they said September 2019 when I bought it again Jan 2020 1st qtr then pushed to 2cd then announced new watch active 3 with this feature

Frankly I don't believe it they in my opinion sold the watch contrary to trading standards its now virtually obsolete as the model has been replacef

0 Likes
Moiitje
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Well it's finally cleared now so samsung is finally allowed to get it to most of their watches. 

If you did your research before you would have actually known that!

0 Likes
Alun135
Explorer
Options
research research what do you think I have been doing all I have been getting as recently as January is its in the pipeline its in the pipeline the pipeline has been laid around the world a dozen times since last September
yes perhaps sansubg says it now been cleared but its a year and a cardiac operation too late.
I bought this watch to monitor my heart accepting it was getting the update 4 months after purchase
now though it's been superceded with a new watch and still no actual update except for a promise to come so don't come here all self-righteously telling me to do my research they sold this watch saying the update was being released last February and it was not.
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

To be fair, Samsung Active 2 owners have every reason to be angry. By the time these features hit their devices they will be the best part of two years old, and most likely they are already feeling the effects of its age such as the battery not lasting as long as it did when new. Another 12 months or so and most will have to start looking at replacing them! So yea, Active 2 users were screwed over by Samsung IMO.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Moiitje
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You know you can sideload it right?

0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

@Moiitje wrote:

You know you can sideload it right?

One shouldn't have to side load anything and doing so risks introducing a virus or malware.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Alun135
Explorer
Options
As Paul has said you should not have to do that i would imagine also any kind of warranty you may have on the watch will be voided so is it worth it especially as any software updates come down via your phone so it won't just your watch at risk but your phone also just because a company does not seem to be able to fulfill its boast of various functions

it should either come with the application or wait until it is able to install the application.
0 Likes