Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG function for Galaxy Watch Active2 in UK

(Topic created on: 01-10-2020 07:28 PM)
duncanh1903
Apprentice
Options

Can't get any info from Samsung on timelines, or even if this feature will ever be enabled in the UK. So frustrating to see other countries starting to get ECG and not hearing anything for UK. Anyone else heard anything, or have a way to install the Health Monitoring app on a UK watch?

40 REPLIES 40
DontRun
First Poster
Options

I too would like to know this. I believe its now available in the USA, but there's mention anywhere on if or when the feature will be released in the UK.

I've read there are ways you can sideload it, but I think this may involve rooting your device and installing files on it to alter your location to the US. I'd prefer not to mess around with this ideally, but I feel like I may have no other choice if I want the ECG function (which was the main selling point of the Active2 over the original version that influenced me to buy the watch in the first place)

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
New update was pointless. For features you still can't use. I'm not looking forward for my LTE model getting the update now.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
The UK will get this feature activated via an OTA update 1st quarter 2021
0 Likes
duncanh1903
Apprentice
Options
fingers crossed 🤞 heard that before...
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
That is true but hopefully they will gain regulatory approval by next year - seeing as it has been 2 years since it was announced
0 Likes
richjk
First Poster
Options

Samsung health app won't work on non Samsung android phones tho right? What a joke. 

space808
Explorer
Options

Yep. If and when it does arrive in the UK/EU, it'll be restricted to Samsung phones only. Real garbage if you ask me.. first we get the "great" Exynos and then this "shove up the rear". Happy times! :smiling-face:

Sammo06
First Poster
Options
I do feel cheated and ripped off having paid for a product that does not perform as advertised. Surely that's against the law and consumer rights?
K3n0b1
Navigator
Options
What is your source for this info please?
0 Likes