Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earbuds Pro really bad itching, bleeding, blistering, scalping

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 03:38 AM)
Ironmunki
Apprentice
Options

I am about to give Samsung a call in the morning about a really bad reaction I keep getting when wearing the Earbuds Pro. It was fine at 1st, but recently every time I put it on, after a few minutes of wearing I would get really bad itching, burning sensation. Then followed by oozing/bleeding.

This was not the 1st time it happened. After the 1st time, I wrote it off as a 1 off and waiting for my ears to heal before putting it back on. It was about a week of oozing/bleeding and then scalping. After my ears seems like they healed, then I started using them again. Repeated 3 times and this was the last and 3rd time. Something is wrong with these eardbuds.

Like I said, I was using them fine for a while. Although at 1st it would be kinda itchy but that was after wearing them for hours. But now, I can't even get by with more than 15-30 minutes before my ears start burning and itching. My theory is there is a malfunction in the charger metal ports where it gets activated while in ear and produces enough electrical current to slow burn in the inside of my ears. OR, simply my ear has developed an allergic reaction with whatever materials these earbuds use.

In any case, I am calling Samsung in the morning and try to get some help. I obviously can't use them anymore if they keep doing this to my ears every time and I am out of my return window.... 

EDIT: FORGOT to mention, I ordered some aftermarket tips that are foam after the 2nd time it started itching - thinking it might be the silicone tips. The itching wasn't as bad but it still got a little itchy after wearing it for a while. I didn't stick with it cause they didn't do a good job of keeping the earbuds in my ears.

21 REPLIES 21
Ironmunki
Apprentice
Options

Hi @SaudA

Ok, this is not working out. I bought a 2nd pair of replacement foam tips and it arrived a couple days ago. Wore the headphones no more than 30 minutes today and it's itching and bleeding again.

Could you please let me know who do I contact to get some help? Thank you!

I can easily provide pictures of the bleeding and scalping. It's pretty easy. I just need to put it on. And then easy bleeding. Scalping comes a day-2 days later.

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey @Ironmunki, I've sent over a PM with further information. Please take a look as soon as you can. 🙂

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi all, here's Samsungs response to the earbuds Pro irradiation complaints.
https://www.sammobile.com/news/are-you-experiencing-ear-inflammation-because-of-galaxy-buds-pro/
0 Likes
Arin_M18
First Poster
Options

I too have been experiencing similar issues. Mostly dry skin and flaking in my ears, and for a time oozing which I believe was an ear infection perhaps as a result to over exposure of the buds. The weird thing is, I have owned them since release, however it was as of late march I started to experience issues. I recently went back to my Samsung galaxy buds+ and have had absolutely no issues or irritation. I am curious if there is a difference in the material of the ear-tips and whether they are causing the issue.

Ironmunki
Apprentice
Options

I contacted Samsung and went through their process to get a refund - got a full refund.

But same here. I only owned the earbuds for ~ 1-2 months, but the 1st 2 weeks or so, it was mostly fine. I would wear them for hours and get an itchy feeling. And then after that it was impossible to wear them for more than  15 minutes. It would start itching, burning, and then oozing/bleeding.

0 Likes
Members_iUDRhID
First Poster
Options

Hi Sauda , im having the same issue as a lot of people here , blistering and itchiness after a shot while wearing ,even went ahead and ordered a new set of memory foam tips with no results. Could you pls let me know where to go from here 

0 Likes
StephK1
Options

Hey @Members_iUDRhID, if you are based in the UK/Ireland, please send over a PM with further information to @Sam_UK, and one of the mods will be able to advise further. 

FHampton808
Student
Options

Please share the info. I have the same issue. Galaxy Buds aren't cheap and neither is medical care for my ears.

0 Likes
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

@FHampton808 Hi. Samsung do take matters like this seriously, and we would like to get this escalated internally for you. If you are based in the UK/Ireland, please could you send a message with some more details to @Sam_UK so that one of the mods can help out! 

12samgalaxy
Student
Options

After 3 months of this itchiness in my ear, I'm giving up. I wear the buds in my ear for a couple of mins or hours and my ear becomes inflamed and red the next day, leaving discharge and flakiness. Often not using the buds for weeks to get ears back to normal and "test" again if its the earbuds are causing the issue.  Can someone from Samsung please assist. I really like the earbuds, but I love having healthy ears more. 

0 Likes