Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ear infection from Buds Pro

(Topic created on: 20-05-2021 07:25 AM)
Nick8888888
Explorer
Options
I've developed a severe ear infection in my left ear since wearing these. Has anyone experienced the same? I've seen many reports of this but no action from samsung from feedback from people. 

#galaxybudspro #Earinfection 
196 REPLIES 196
AndrewL
Options

For those of you based in the UK or Ireland who are experiencing a reaction to the Galaxy Buds Pro, please send a private message to Sam_UK by following the steps in the link below, and myself or one of the other mods will get this escalated for you. Alternatively, please reach out to us on 0333 000 0333, or on Facebook or Twitter

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm...

For those based outside the UK/Ireland, please reach out to the Support Team in your region via samsung.com > Scroll down to the bottom of the page > Contact Us, and an advisor will be able to assist you further. 

0 Likes
Thunderbud911
Apprentice
Options

I've been experiencing the exact same thing with my Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro. 

Starts with a warm itchy feeling, then smelly liquid wax seeping out of my ears, then the scaly scabby peeling skin comes for up to weeks after. Grew to a full blown ear infection. 

I'm located in Canada and thought it was only my marketing sample that was the problem, then I got my production copy too and they do the exact same thing to my ears. I get it that irritation within listening to one song... It's so sad too because they sound amazing, but I can't even use them now... Switched back to my old true wireless buds now that my ears are mostly healed up. My samsung buds pro just sit in my drawer.

0 Likes
Nick8888888
Explorer
Options
Hi everyone. So this has begun to get serious traction with news outlets due to a case where a fever and serious condition ensued due to an 'allergic reaction' to these earbuds. I flagged this up 6 months ago and still nothing has been mentioned from Samsung other than to contact them privately as to hide the bad press. I am absolutely disgusted with this company now and will not use them again in this area.

Samsung have proved its wealth over health. DO NOT USE THESE EARBUDS.
mkquietinterlude
First Poster
Options

Hello I have been using the Buds Pro on and off, but lately more often, and I have developed intense itchiness and redness in my ear canal. It's swelling to the point I can't wear them anymore. Have never had allergies or reactions to anything ever before. I am disappointed after finding out this is a very real issue. Can this be rectified/refunded? I will need to buy another pair of earbuds

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hi there @mkquietinterlude ,

I've dropped you a message regarding this. Please check your inbox.

0 Likes
OnDiva
First Poster
Options

I thought it was just me. Every single time I wear them,  I have a reaction. 

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Could you please provide more information on this? Also, have you been in touch with your GP?

0 Likes
Pripster
First Poster
Options

I live in Norway. Samsung Norway doesnt care about this issue at all, I was trying my luck here but unless you live in the UK there is no help or possibility to recive refunds of any sort. Samsung is hereby blacklisted in my book. Cheers.

0 Likes
OnDiva
First Poster
Options

That's horrible! I'm in the US. I'll be contacting someone soon. Hopefully we all can find some relief. 

0 Likes
OnDiva
First Poster
Options

What kind of information? 

I've had mine for a few months. Every time I wear them, my ears immediately become irritated. It begins with itching,  then they begin leaking clear fluid and scab up. It lasts for days to weeks. Last month a had a full ear infection.  I was unable to get into the GP. So I had to suffer through it. 

I put ONE in yesterday and all these things began all over again. At that point I knew it was the earbuds and not a problem with my ear. 

I did a search and that is what has brought be here with the others having the same issue. 

0 Likes