Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ear infection from Buds Pro

(Topic created on: 20-05-2021 07:25 AM)
Nick8888888
Explorer
Options
I've developed a severe ear infection in my left ear since wearing these. Has anyone experienced the same? I've seen many reports of this but no action from samsung from feedback from people. 

#galaxybudspro #Earinfection 
196 REPLIES 196
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

Hey Nick! 

I haven't seen any queries having the same issue, and I haven't experienced this personally, but have you had medical advice from the doctor about the infection? Have they advised of any allergies? Have you cleaned the Galaxy Buds thoroughly?

0 Likes
Nick8888888
Explorer
Options
Hi Chelsea

If you Google it you will see it all over the Internet and on the Samsung members community board too so I'm really surprised. I've seen a doctor and they are suggesting the galaxy buds. Please feel free to search up on people's feedback as it is concerning you are saying you have not heard of anything like this.
Nick8888888
Explorer
Options
I'm more than happy to amount evidence of people and even whole reports from websites about the potential risk of ear infection from these. I'm not trying to discredit Samsung, I use a lot of your brilliant products, but as a major health risk and something that is being complained about often I'm not seeing any kind of feedback whatsoever from your company- really concerning for the consumer.
Nick8888888
Explorer
Options
https://www.gizchina.com/2021/05/10/samsung-headphones-accused-of-causing-ear-inflammation/

This is just one report.

Please google samsung buds pro ear infection and look at how many people have complained about the same thing. If you havnt heard about this as a company then that is really concerning.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Chelsea there are a few threads on this forum about ear infections from the latest buds. It's not an isolated issue down to allergies, there's some chemical in the tips causing epidermal tissue damage. It may be reacting to heat and moisture in the ear canal but people with the Galaxy Watch 3 are also getting tissue damage from that. Whatever Samsung are using clearly needs careful investigation. I won't be surprised if a class action is taken against Samsung if they do nothing about this
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

Thank you for sharing that post, I've had a read through it. I hadn't seen anything like this until today, that's just me personally! Any feedback left on the Community boards is accessible by our Samsung engineers, so no doubt they'll be aware, and will be looking into this!

Samsung do take cases like this very seriously, and I will drop you a PM @Nick8888888 ! The reason is because I do need to take some personal information, and don't want that info on a public forum!

Nick8888888
Explorer
Options
I've seen moderators like yourself do exactly the same thing on other people's complaints (Why I'm surprised you've never heard of this) I'm concerned of the lack of response from Samsung in general. There are a lot of cases to the point whole reports are being written about it. Again, and it's important I stress this, I love samsung products and this is an isolated incident for a product, but I really hope as a company you will start to address this properly. It is becoming more apparent this is a health risk to a fair few consumers.
ChelseaH
Voyager
Options

I've sent you that PM now, @Nick8888888 ! I can't speak for other moderators but I do understand, and know where you are coming from! Hopefully together we can look further into the incident that has occurred. 

I must say, I am glad to hear you say you do love Samsung products, though! 

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have found wearing the buds Pro my ears will itch terrible. I do have the buds + and lives so tend to swap around regularly. Buds Pro do cause my ears to itch, still itchy the next day. After a good clean of the ears it does ease. Just wondering if I wore them more often and not using the others how bad would my ears get.
0 Likes