Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ear infection from Buds Pro

(Topic created on: 22-05-2021 12:39 PM)
Nick8888888
Explorer
Options
I've developed a severe ear infection in my left ear since wearing these. Has anyone experienced the same? I've seen many reports of this but no action from samsung from feedback from people. 

#galaxybudspro #Earinfection 
196 REPLIES 196
AlexGbr
Pioneer
Options
If there's is a real problem about it it will be fixed, from my knowledges Samsung is not a joke and like to make they're customers happy, I'm a customer just like and I understand you're problem, if more people have that problem for sure in the nearest future Samsung will put that under investigation. I still have a question for you what's makes you sure is the earbuds and not something else which you might be allergic? If you checked a doctor what did him told you? I'm just saying I used them from they're appear almost always so I find it strange. Aniway I hope you'll get better , and that severely infection will dissappear.
0 Likes
Nick8888888
Explorer
Options
I've only ever said Samsung has always been brilliant, I use Samsung all the time- their products are first class. This is an isolated incident, but if you scour the Internet you will see so many cases of this. So are we all allergic? There was a whole news report on it in a country where the earbuds were causing inflammation. Samsung then issued a 'how to' clean them properly guide but nothing as much as a warning to consumers who need to know about this. This allergic reaction word needs to stop being used because its the easy way to explain it. This product is not fit for purpose for many people and is causing serious health issues. Samsung have a picture of my ear that I can no longer hear out of hopefully just due to Blockage due to infection. Thank you Alex.
0 Likes
AlexGbr
Pioneer
Options
I hope you did that. Regards Alex!Screenshot_20210521-130221_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'll attest to this too. I own the buds+, buds live and buds pro. Only the buds pro has caused my skin to flake in my ear, also the only one that feels most uncomfortable, especially when I first started using them. I cut back on my use of them because I know if I continue I will develop an ear infection. After using them, much more regular ear cleaning helps to somewhat alleviate the problem.
DrSkiba
Student
Options
I personally have this issue too. Both ears turn very irritated and red, leak puss and take weeks to recover from using the galaxy buds pro for about 30 mins. I recently just bought diofit foam ear tips assuming that it was the silicone mix in the stock ear tips causing the issue, but my ears have still reacted with the new tips. The problem seems to be with the buds pro themselves.
Nick8888888
Explorer
Options
There is so much evidence from so many people it won't be hard to build a case against Samsung if they continue to ignore it. The general consensus is that they are asking people to examine their earbuds- I personally believe this may be a design flaw as opposed to the materials used. Samsung have reached out to me but going by peoples feedback their isn't much being done to resolve this from Samsung which is quite disturbing for a company on Samsungs size to not feel and act on the pressure of this.

They either admit publicly there is a risk to certain people's health with these earbuds or they allow more people to purchase these and say nothing, leaving them in an extremely vulnerable position as a company.
DrSkiba
Student
Options
I would personally be open to Samsung acknowledging and addressing the issue with the Galaxy Buds Pro before proceeding down the litigation path. But as you say, the more that Samsung ignore it, the less accepting people will become to a resolution.

Personally, I've never had any problems with earbuds or silicone. These are the first ones I've ever had a serious problem with. I'll be resorting back to my Sony pair in the meantime until they resolve these issues with what'll likely be a replacement set.
Nick8888888
Explorer
Options
I'm definitely not suggesting that atall short term. Samsung have only been brilliant in all my years as a loyal consumer to them. This is very much an isolated incident as I've mentioned in this post. However, my concern is the health risk factor. People have been complaining about this for months, had I have been warned I would not be on a course of anti biotics with minimal hearing in my left ear (Blockage from infection). For the sheer amount of cases awareness must be raised rather than a simple inspection of earbuds.
Ken Saunders
First Poster
Options

I've had exactly this issue with the buds Pro. I had severe ear infection for 2 weeks after using the headphones my ear canal swelled up and it was as if my skin lining on ear canal was just melting and ear wax pooring out for two days.. . I left it a few weeks to clear up and I've cleaned them thoroughly, bought new foam tips and hey presto 30mins after trying again similar feeling started so stopped using now. I'll state that I've never had a problem with in ear headphones previously from apple, bose, beats and others and this seems to be an issue to whatever new material make up samsung is using. Net result is I can't use these very expensive headphones and won't use the  again.. now working out a way to get a Bluetooth adapter for my wired headphones so I can listen to music on my phone. Wish the  Samsung s21 ultra came with a 3.5mm jack.. then I wouldn't have the problem.. I love Samsung products but the material in these headphones is wrong

Petarmx
First Poster
Options
Same story here. Got the first buds, buds plus, buds live, and now buds pro. Only got infection from the pro one. I try to clean, sanitise. But nothing help.
0 Likes