Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO NOT BUY THE GALAXY WATCH - COOLING ISSUES AND DOES NOT WORK WITHOUT PHONE, NO HELP

(Topic created on: 30-11-2020 12:21 AM)
Reg321
Journeyman
Options

I purchased the Galaxy Watch 3 in September thinking I could use it to track some exercise, sleep and use to answer calls and sms WITHOUT being attached to my phone consistently.  I have had problems since day one.  If the watch is connected to my phone there are no issues but as soon as it isn't the watch goes into cooling mode all the time.  The battery will also drain within 1-2 hours.  If I wanted something that needed to stay connected to my phone I wouldn't have purchased it in the first place.  If I do any exercise I have to take my phone as well.  Running, hiking and walking aren't too great with your phone.  Such a pain.  I have sent the watch away twice and it comes back the same saying that there are no issues.  This is Samsung that has looked at it twice btw.  I have been online and done all the things recommended like to switch off apps etc all it doesn't work.  Besides, I bought it to do the things it says it does but it doesn't.  I tried to chat with Samsung but as soon as I said what what wrong the person that I was chatting with stopped responding.  End of chat...... great work Samsung.  If you do a search of the internet you will find these issues with no fixes specified anywhere.  I'm a fairly patient person and I know things don't always work and there can be issues but this is a biggie and I'm disappointed with Samsung.  I think this has made me want to convert to the opposition after all these years.

9 REPLIES 9
Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
contact Samsung's support team speak to them and tell them what the problem is.
0 Likes
Claire25
Journeyman
Options
as you have read on my post ... mine went back 4 times... and it still exactly the same .. Good luck getting anywhere
0 Likes
carloak
Journeyman
Options
Did this problems happened even before you install any app? It might be worthy to use virgin and install the app you want and test again. I don't have the galaxy 3, but 2. never had any problem of heating or short battery life.
0 Likes
Reg321
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your reply.  I have already tried that.

0 Likes
Reg321
Journeyman
Options

Thanks carloak for your reply.  I didn't install any apps or anything.  It literally happened straight out of the box and continued.  Has been reset multiple times and as mentioned I also did as suggested by some posts which was to turn off everything that was running and this also does not help.  How can I even use it if I turn everything off?  There's plenty of reception in places it is being used as well which is something else that I read may cause the issues but not in my case.  I have persevered over the last month to try to find any fixes but nothing works.  It's just faulty.

Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
I would try the Wearables app for the Samsung Galaxy watch 3 and see what it does because it may have an update on the app for the watch because you will need the app for the watch to work. I recommend this Youtuber because he has a video on the samsung Galaxy watch 3 https://youtu.be/WT41s7kDmWE
0 Likes
Reg321
Journeyman
Options

Yes, I did that.  At least 6 times.

0 Likes
Reg321
Journeyman
Options

Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner.  The reason I didn't was because, yes, I have already tried all of those fixes.  Multiple times over a long period of time.  Still has the issue.

Fantastic
Pathfinder
Options
Oh sorry to hear that
0 Likes