Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discrepancy between total steps and the automatic workout steps

(Topic created on: 22-08-2020 06:13 AM)
Balev
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone,

I have had a Galaxy Watch for about 4 days now and I am having and issue that is bothering me greatly. When I go out for my walk in the morning the watch has between 30-100 steps, I always take note. Once the automatic workout starts it slowly builds up a difference between the total steps counted and the ones counted in the workout itself. By the time I reach 20 000 steps in my workout, the total steps are over 22 000. And you can see the difference building up with the distance. On my evening walk the steps in the workout are relatively the same as the ones added to the total. I assume it has something to do with the walking speed(in the morning I walk at an average of 6-6.3km/h. That doesn't help with the discrepancy issue though. Anyone got any ideas on how to correct this?(the gear S3 I was using prior to the galaxy watch didn't have this issue)

1 REPLY 1
RustyCress
First Poster
Options
Hi . I asked the question about the combination of Steps Counted on the phone and my Active watch . Did not get a clear answer . I did some tests and found that with and without phone was within 10 percent accuracy . I think this is the best you could expect . The Auto Workout does not switch on straight away . It usually takes about 5 minutes to work out you are on a serious walk . Your pace in your morning walk is probably a little longer than the evening one . I am not sure about km/h but it sounds quite brisk . I am very surprised how much my Altitude changes when the Barometer goes up. Unfortunately I have found that these watches are not a Scientific as they make out . However a nice Watch . Enjoy as much as you can .