Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discolouration / Tarnish on Galaxy Watch Rose Gold

(Topic created on: 12-08-2022 03:10 PM)
Ejp1
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy watch 42mm purchased in June last year and I’ve noticed some tarnish or discolouration on the casing.

Has anyone experienced similar and if so is there a way to clean it please? I’ve used a soft cloth but no luck.  The photo below is of the worst area.

image.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
Devinder
Student
Options
omg!!! I thought I was the only one who had the same problem. My husband purchased me the same 42mm Samsung, again I was extremely careful, not wearing it often, not washing up with the watch on. Within 2 months, probably less than that I too noticed discolouration. I was so disappointed so put the watch to the side to return it not realising I would be facing the same problem as yourselves. During this time, more discolouration appeared on the bezel. I'm absolutely disgusted with the response from Samsung.

20210201_175223_63948.jpg

20210201_175235_63949.jpg

Devinder
Student
Options
Well, I complained and complained. Samsung agreed to collect the watch to see if it could be repaired, I received a phone call a few days later, the technician said I had damaged the watch!! I explained that it hadn't even been worn for a whole 2 months and the discolouration appeared whilst it had been put on the side (away). The technician then said they could probably do something re discolouration. Low and behold they have returned the watch in the same state. Disgusted with Samsung.
imgram
Student
Options

SAME  My watch was never worn, though it was on a shelf and it's completely gold ugly tarnished cover.  I never would've spent 350 on it!!

imgram
Student
Options

I will never buy from them again.  Even getting rid of my phone.

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

I purchased one of these watches for my wife and hers also ended up with the same issue. While the watch isn't cheap to buy from a consumers prospective, it's clearly has a cheap and nasty build quality.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Deb12
Student
Options

Mine looks just as ugly. It looks gold. I hate it!

Deb12
Student
Options

My entire watch turned gold. I guess it is better than two toned.

Sarasota1
Apprentice
Options

It's not the band it is the watch itself and and cleaning does no good. 

0 Likes
Sarasota1
Apprentice
Options

20220812_101053.jpg

20220812_101226.jpg

The watch finish is a cheap shiny looking gold. The band buckle is the color the watch was. I Don get complements like I used to get. Any artists out there who can suggest a way to paint over the cheap gold look? 

0 Likes
Sarasota1
Apprentice
Options

So do you think that all these women sprayed perfume on this watch. I'm allergic to perfume. 

0 Likes