Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discolouration / Tarnish on Galaxy Watch Rose Gold

(Topic created on: 27-01-2021 05:05 PM)
Ejp1
First Poster
Options

I have a Galaxy watch 42mm purchased in June last year and I’ve noticed some tarnish or discolouration on the casing.

Has anyone experienced similar and if so is there a way to clean it please? I’ve used a soft cloth but no luck.  The photo below is of the worst area.

image.jpg

19 REPLIES 19
Suzyd90
First Poster
Options

hi yes I have this on my watch too.  No idea how to make it come off.  Its such a shame because its rather noticeable 

Moiitje
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Take of the band and clean it with water (no soap because this will destroy your screen over time) and dry it off

0 Likes
Young-2969
First Poster
Options

I no longer like wearing my Rosegold Galaxy watch. It's UGLY! 

20200906_142518.jpg

Mguith
Journeyman
Options

Mine has it to. Samsung told me it is userswear, but that is not fair. Also is the colour changed from rose to yellow (my daughter has the same, on the picture right). I think this is not my faalt, maybe a coatproblem? It has no scradges, I am very careful with it, but look at it now! I have send it back for guarantee, keep my fingers crossed.

20201104_151044.jpg

IMG-20201104-WA0005.jpeg

Craig102020
Student
Options

This is disgusting and disgraceful from Samung (I was told from the shop where I bought it, that it's not covered).

My wife had the watch 6 months, was working from home and the watch spent most of the week on "the side" (not worn). She never even got it wet as she wanted to take care of it! 

My 46mm chrome takes a real beating and I even swim in the sea with it. But this is a rip off!

Would I have bought it had I known this rose gold plating/coat wears off after 2 months of use? NO!

I am really disappointed in Samsung for this and they should offer to recall these inferior items.

Screenshot_20201125-105638_Gallery.jpg

20201119_073450.jpg

Moiitje
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Did your wife spray on her perfume with the watch on?

Craig102020
Student
Options

Not even, no.

0 Likes
Prafter153
Student
Options

Yep, same issue! Very disheartening.

Prafter153
Student
Options

Just bought the newest phone a few months ago so stuck with the watch for now but, next year I am done with Samsung. This is my 8th phone and 2nd watch. Major disappointed in the quality of this watch.